Reckon Accounts Invoices will not be queued (to email) after a failed email batch

Situation, we had a large number of invoices to be corrected.

The batch was queued and during the email process, the batch (around 100+) failed after about 6 invoices were emailed. The que was empty after the failure.

Previously, I would just open the invoice and re-set 'to be emailed' and it would be queued and would send just fine. 

Now, even when I enable 'to be emailed', that invoice never appears in the 'send forms' queue, no matter what I have tried (rebuild company file, change invoice contents, enable/disable email, clear send to email que)

However new invoices or those not in the failed batch will que.

The failed batch invoices items can no longer be queued – if you edit and save the transaction and when asked “send again” – it will be email but it will never be sent to the “forms to send” que.

By way of example invoice 10568 was edited

whether the following process may refresh the transaction.

The process was:

1) Edit the affected invoice

2) Change some data and disable the to be emailed option.

3) Save the invoice

4) Edit the affected invoice again and change the data back to the correct information and re-enable the 'to be emailed' option

5) Save the invoice

But failed to show up in the send forms que

If you edit and select the send again – it will send BUT even if you have the “to be emailed” box check – no sign in the “Send Forms que”

Found a very similar issue in

https://community.reckon.com/discussion/7957951/reckon-accounts-email-send-bug

BUT it did not have a resolution to the problem.                                              

Have also tried Legacy KB ID: 3757

“Send Forms list is blank and there are no forms to email.”

Question

When I try to send an email (such as a pay slip, invoices, supplier remittance advices), I can select the employees in the initial "Select Pay Slips To Email" window. However, on the next screen "Select Forms To Send," it appears blank and I am unable to email anything. This issue also affects other forms like Invoices and Supplier remittance advices.

Answer

The "Select Forms To Send" list may not display correctly if there is a corrupted email in the sequence. This means that the list may be incomplete or empty.

If you encounter a blank list even though there should be emails waiting to be sent, it is likely that the first email in the sequence is corrupt.

When you exit Select Forms to Send, Reckon Accounts will delete the first corrupted email – but only the first corrupted email. You will need to enter and exit Send Forms to Email a number of times until the last of the emails is displayed and all corrupted emails are deleted.

Did this more than 100 times to no avail

Even had support run a fix email scrip several time (300 time per session) all no good.

Souls seem that the invoice is corrupt BUT only that it will not send to the email que….. frustrating!!

Suggestions or comments .... need help :)

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,190 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @josie_10861324

Your screenshots haven't come through unfortunately. From what you've described though, it certainly sounds like the situation you've been working through where a corrupt email in the list preventing 'good' emails from showing.

The guide that you've been following which you pasted above is indeed the right thing to do but unfortunately, clearing the corruption can be a pretty time consuming process in some cases.

I can see that you've mentioned you've spoken with the support team who have run a script as a way to automate the removal, how often has that been run and for how long?

Do you have a recent backup of your company file prior to this particular issue appearing?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 147 Reckon Staff

Dear @josie_10861324 ,

It is possible your Send Forms screen has partially corrupted.

The best fix would be to follow this simple procedure:

1. Go to File -> Send forms.
    2. Check if your emails are there. If not, proceed to step 3.
    3. Press escape.
    4. Repeat Step 1-3 until emails appear.

If you repeat this process for ~10 minutes, typically, these emails will reappear.

The reason for this issue is due to transactions having an internal flag that marks them as "Sent" or "Not sent". If the emailing process is cancelled or returns an error during emails, this flag can become "stuck" on "Sent" even if it was never sent, and the marker on the transaction has been reset.

The best path forward is to effectively "force" the system to regenerate this email in the send forms screen by repeating the process listed above.

Please note: it might take more than 10 minutes. In some circumstances, it can take upwards of 30 minutes. If a fix does not appear in this time, your best move would be to reach out to Technical Support, as we have methods of forcing updates. However, as this takes a whole day to amend, we recommend handling this manually as to not disturb business operations.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• josie_10861324
    josie_10861324 Member Posts: 8

Yes did a back up - always wise to have the back up to the backup before trying to correct anything.

Did the procedure that Alexander mentioned, tech support also had a script that did this procedure 300++ times and I had already done over 100 times manually.

• Alexander McKeown

Hello @josie_10861324 ,

Technical Support's script should be able to process this file and amend it if the send forms script is failing. Have they taken your file in for testing?

If not, I can reach out and handle this script for you - let me know if you would like to follow down this avenue.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• josie_10861324

Alexander would really like to get this fixed, so yes please if you can reach out that would be appreciated.

No, they have not taken a file for testing - just ran a script on my computer.

Jim

• Alexander McKeown

Dear @josie_10861324 ,

I will send you a private message around this case and attempt to follow-up from there.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• josie_10861324

Alexander

thank you have responded to your message.

Jim

• josie_10861324

Hi Alexander

any update ?

• Alexander McKeown

Hello @josie_10861324 ,

I've reached out to the original agent to attain more information about what steps they performed to fix this.

After this, I might reach out to you and see if I can attain a copy of the file for processing.

This may need to go through Data Recovery. I will confer with them today.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown