Does this error have a fix yet as I have three error notices from ATO?

SHreckon
SHreckon Member Posts: 3 ✭
edited February 2 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I discovered today that I have three error notices form ATO - Reckon needs to put in error email so when you log out you find out that something has gone wrong. In any event I need a fix. I spoke to Reckon Global support and they said they would look into it but after reading several blogs today it suggests you don't have a fix and this all started with the new STP2. I made no changes to employee details, tax or wages yet i have this problem. A solution would be good asap.

Thanks

Steve

Answers

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 470 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

Hi Steve

There are new requirements for reporting in STP2. Try checking your employees email addresses and phone numbers look correct (no brackets in number). Also on the STP lodgement if there is an error you can click on the word error and it should give you more details about what the error is. Can you search the error in the Community to see if there is a resolve to that error.

Regards

Robyn Kelly

• SHreckon

Robyn

The error is as follows

"Contractor ABN must be supplied if an Income Stream Collection tuple with a type code Voluntary Agreement contains a Gross Payment or PAYGW Amount that is greater than zero."

Have searched the community and guess what Reckon cant really fix the issue - instead say they have their people looking into it. All I want to do is set the tax rate at a flat rate (i had been doing this under STP1and it worked) but when you do this in STP2 for some reason it say's that you have a voluntary agreement (you cant change this as it is greyed out) instead of allowing me to have salary and wages.

If you read through the community pages you will see others have had this problem since September and everyone seems to try a work around (i.e.) there is no precise fix from Reckon. I have tried to rerun the Pay run after converting back to draft and reprocessing it which shows all the correct payment/tax/super figures etc. but when you submit to the ATO it converts all of the figures to zero which obviously is not correct.

Do I have to delete the Pay runs and start from Scratch???

I have not changed anything in terms of employee details - I am the only employee.

If someone could call me from Reckon that would be great as I have spoken to 2 people now saying they are aware there is an issue but i have had no response back. As I said this should be very basic for Reckon to fix or at least guide people on what they should have in their Payrun to stop the issue - I have read a Reckon Rep response questioning someone about why they wanted a flat tax rate - Sorry that is not what Reckon should be worried about - if someone wants to pay 47% tax for their own reasons (like me) the Reckon software should accommodate it as the ATO don't care if people pay too much tax.

As I have said any help would be much appreciated as this is so simple from my end yet I have consumed at least 3 days trying to fix a Reckon issue.

Steve

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 470 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

Hi Steve

Have you been able to fix your issues?

Robyn Kelly

• SHreckon

Robyn

No not really. I have had to work around the issue by editing the tax amount to reflect the nominated tax rate i want of 47% before I submit to the ATO. Reckon have really wrecked a simple process that used to work. You can now not nominate a tax rate as a taxable choice without it assuming you are a contractor which then triggers a requirement to enter an ABN. I spent hours on the phone with a Reckon consultant and he knows the issue exists and guided me through the work around. It is extremely frustrating and is prompting me to look at what other software is available to do what I used to be able to do. Thankyou for asking.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)

You are unfortunately correct Steve

Was just checking you had sort of sorted it

Regards

Robyn Kelly