Custom Integration: Reckon Accounts Hosted and Power BI

Options
Joanna
Joanna Member Posts: 3

Hi,

Is it possible to extract data from Reckon Hosted and utilize it in Power BI to create customized dashboards and reports? While I understand there's no native integration between these two software, I'm curious if anyone has successfully achieved this using API tools. Is there a chance these two products can work together?

I'd appreciate any information!

Thanks!

Jo

Tagged:

Answers

• Nickiu
    Nickiu Reckon Staff Posts: 43 Reckon Staff
    Options

@Joanna

Good morning, Regarding to Power Bi integration with Reckon hosted. This CData will let Power Bi integration with our Reckon Hosted.

Please check it out. 

Cheers!

Nick

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 144 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @Joanna

As Nick mentioned, CData Software can help you with the integration between Reckon Accounts Hosted and Power BI.

Please find the attached article for your reference - Reckon Accounts Hosted Power BI Connector for Real-Time Analytics (cdata.com). It has the information that can help you find its use and functionality.

Let us know if you need any further information. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• Joanna
    Options

Thank you, Nick and Tanvi, for your tips.

One more question though. If I download this CData Connector trial to test it, will I find it straightforward to use, or do I need someone with technical skills in terms of integrating data from Reckon to Power BI via this connector?

• Tanvi_kataria
    Options

Hi @Joanna

I hope this documentation can be of any help to you - CData Sync - Getting Started | 23.4.8799.

I am also looking if we have any help document related to that we can share. However, you can reach out to us anytime if stuck. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• Nickiu
    Nickiu Reckon Staff Posts: 43 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @Joanna

Please also check this out on How to get started Reckon API:

Hope this helps,

Nick

• Joanna
    Options

Hi,

I recently downloaded the CData trial to integrate Reckon Hosted data into Power BI. While attempting to open the "Time Tracking" tab in Power BI, I encountered an issue.

The data begins to load but halts after surpassing 2,000 rows with the following error:

'TimeTracking

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] ERROR [HY000] The iteratorID "{9e252416-d6c2-4c12-ab3a-a3c2dc7241d6}" is not valid.. '

I've reached out to CData support regarding this issue, and they advised me to send the log file for further troubleshooting. However, I'm not sure where to locate this log file in Reckon Accounts Hosted.

Could you please provide your guidance?

Thank you for your assistance.

Joanna

• Tanvi_kataria
    Options

Hi Joanna

In order to download the log file for the Hosted Company File. Please find the attached article for your reference - How to view the QBWin.log file in Reckon Accounts Hosted - Reckon Help and Support Centre

Please let us know for any concerns/issues. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi