✅ RESOLVED: Remote Desktop Licence Error - Reckon Accounts Hosted (16 March)

Options
Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,457 Community Manager Community Manager
edited March 20 in Accounts Hosted

Good morning everyone,

Just a heads up that we're currently investigating an error message appearing in Reckon Accounts Hosted which refers to a remote desktop licence issue. Screenshot example of the error message above.

Our initial investigations suggest this only affects one server so there will only be a minimal chance of this error appearing however our teams are currently investigating and will be working toward a resolution ASAP.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may cause. Further updates will be posted below as soon as possible.

✅ ISSUE RESOLVED - CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATE

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,457 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi everyone,

Work on addressing this issue is continuing and we're testing out a potential fix.

Thanks so much for your patience everyone. More info to follow.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Options

Hi again everyone,

The team have rolled out a fix and this issue should now be resolved.

We are continuing to monitor the service over the course of the weekend.

If you run into this message, please log off your active session(s) in the Reckon Accounts Hosted control panel and then logout for 2-3 minutes before logging back in.

Let us know if you run into any trouble and thank you all for your patience as we worked through this.

• iangun
    iangun Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Rav,

I saw the message yesterday, the message no longer comes up but i seem to be getting logged out after a while without using...i attempted to do a backup last night which takes about 6 or 7 hours...and after a few hours when i came back to the computer the backup had been logged out. If i do invoices and come back later then i need to login again...a bit annoying previously when i am doing random work on weekends keep getting logged out..obviously the backup issue is more of a problem for me and maybe others with large files.

Is there a timer that is now in place that will kick you out if not used. If so can this be adjusted or removed.

Thanks

Lance

• LisaA_10863555
    LisaA_10863555 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Rav

Letting you know it's still happening. Logging out and staying out for 3 mins helps, but really annoying, especially when trying to do a pay run :)

• Rav
    edited March 17
    Options

Hey @LisaA_10863555

Thanks for the callout on this. Does it continue to occur/repeat even after you log out for 3 minutes this morning?

• LisaA_10863555
    Options

Hi Rav. It's only happened once so far (loggedf in at 7am, happened around 9:45am), so I'll keep you updated.

• Kathryn_8729731
    Kathryn_8729731 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Hi Rav

We have had the same issue happen this morning with one of our users. Logged in around 8.30am and got the message and was logged out around 10am.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Kathryn_8729731

Did the message reappear for this particular user after they logged back in after 10am?

• Kathryn_8729731
    Options

Hi Rav

At the moment they have logged back in ok with no message appearing after following the guidelines above.

Will keep you updated how it fairs throughout the day.

• Rav
    edited March 18
    Options

Hi folks

Just a quick update, it looks as though we experienced a recurrence of the above error message reappearing for some users earlier this morning.

The team have been keeping a pretty close eye on the service this morning and we're confident we've got things back on track but please do sing out if you notice the error message appear when you login to Hosted.

• Khagan
    Khagan Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Rav,

We have had the same issue happen this morning with one of our users. Logged in around 7.30am and got the message and was logged out around 11am.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Khagan

Just checking, did this particular user also run into the error message again after re-logging in again at 11?

• LisaA_10863555
    Options

Hi Rav. Just had a second user on our company file run into the same issue. I'm still going good though. No error message again since this morning.

• Lynneh
    Lynneh Member Posts: 2
    edited March 18
    Options

Hi

A user received the Remote Desktop License issue message at 11.20 am

Lynne

• TPWElliot
    TPWElliot Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thought I'd let you know we just received this error @11:31 and it was the first time I've come across the issue

• Rav
    Options

Thanks so much for your reports @LisaA_10863555, @Lynneh @TPWElliot

Can I please ask a favour, can you please send me a private message with the following details -

• The specific UserID of the user that just encountered the error message
    • Full file name of the company file open when the error appeared

• Vanessa Loudon
    Vanessa Loudon Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options

This morning (Monday 18/3/2024), my login has been affected by this Remote Licencing Error interruption.

The system kicked me out and I logged back in only to be kicked back off an hour later.

My login is the only one of 5 x affected at my workplace.

• Vanessa Loudon
    Vanessa Loudon Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options

UPDATE: we now have a second computer login - our main service point of sale account - is also being affected by this interruption this morning.

• Rachael Hodgen
    Rachael Hodgen Member Posts: 3
    Options

My Login affected twice this morning - kicked off both times an hour apart

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Rachael Hodgen

Can you please send me a private message with the following details -

• UserID of your login that experienced this
    • Full company file name
    • Approx time the first error message appeared and the time you were disconnected
    • Approx time the second error message appeared and the time you were disconnected
    • Did you receive the error message in the opening post or only the ones you've attached above?

@Vanessa Loudon

For you can I grab the below details in a private message -

• UserID of your two users that encountered the error
    • Full company file name
    • Approx time the first error message appeared and the time you were disconnected
    • Approx time the second user encountered the error message and the time they were disconnected

• Kerrie_10100571
    Kerrie_10100571 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Rav

I have been disconnected twice this morning with licencing error

• Kathryn_8729731
    Options

Hi Rav

A second user has now been disconnected for us as well. Also noting that when trying to log back in we are getting error messages saying that the username and password is not valid.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Kathryn_8729731

Can I please get you to shoot me a private message with the following details 👇

• UserID of your two users that encountered the error
    • Full company file name
    • Approx time the second user encountered the error message and the time they were disconnected

• Mark4776
    Mark4776 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Happening to multiple users at our company today.

• Rav
    Options

ℹ️ UPDATE - Issue under investigation

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your reports in regard to this error appearing when you're in Reckon Accounts Hosted. Its evident we're not out of the woods with this and our teams are back into investigating.

Massive thank you to our awesome members who have provided specific details of this, its been a huge help. With that said, I do apologise for the hassle and trouble this has caused so far today, its certainly not ideal for you to contend with on a Monday and we're working as we speak to try and nail down the cause of this.

I'll keep this post updated with more info as soon as I have it.

• Trish
    Trish Member Posts: 41
    Options

Yep - this issue is happening with our team members too.. look forward to a resolve on this one. please provide updates.

• Trish
    Options

As PAYROLL PROCESSING CANT BE SAVED MID WAY.. please advise URGENTLY that this issue will not effect our payroll this coming Wednesday 20th March???

• 5thwheeln
    5thwheeln Member Posts: 1
    edited March 18
    Options

All users affected on company file

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Trish as mentioned above our teams are currently investigating the cause behind this error message appearing and some sessions being disconnected unexpectedly. This is happening as we speak.

I don't have an ETA that I can provide at this stage since the work on this is still currently in-progress however as soon as I do have more info and/or details on the issue I'll post an update here.

Hi @5thwheeln

Can I please grab some details from you on this. Can you please shoot me a private message with the following info 🙏

• UserID of all your users that encountered the error
    • Full company file name
    • Approx time the error message appeared for each user and the time each was disconnected
    • Did the blue error message appear first prior to disconnection OR were you disconnected without warning

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    Options

I have been logged out 5 times this morning with no warning. I have just received these two warning messages, the blue one first, then without warning the second one and the software shut down.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @JO-ANNE_7327707

Did that same pattern occur on each of those 5 occasions? ie. the blue error message appears first and then a couple of minutes later you're disconnected with the second message appearing on-screen each time?

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    Options

RAV, no just this last time. The first 4 times, the connection was lost and it shut down without warning. I did raise a query this morning with what happened.

• Kat001
    Kat001 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Good Afternoon

I keep getting logged out and getting the same message as Joanne each time.

• Trish
    Options

Thankyou @Rav - but i need to understand that this issue will not affect payroll for our 450 employees on Wednesday - this process takes well above 1 hour & i can't have my payroll officer being kicked out & losing work.. we need to pay our employees on time. Look forward to Reckons resolve on this important issue.

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    Options

Just a further comment on this, when I first logged in this morning, the appearance of the software was different. I found the whole appearance to be a very washed out grey colour. I also noticed, the entity name appears in the top left corner above the tabs. I haven't noticed this before today.

• Rav
    Options

ℹ️ UPDATE

Hi everyone,

We're continuing to work on establishing the cause behind this issue occurring for some of our Hosted users. Thank you again to everyone who has provided info around this error so far. Addressing the cause of this problem is our top priority at the moment and my apologies again for the frustration that its caused today.

I'll keep this post updated with more info as soon as its available.

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    Options

And Again at 2.33pm Darwin time.

• Rav
    Options

ℹ️ UPDATE

Morning everyone

Just a heads up that we're continuing to work on addressing this issue.

In the interim, our teams have made a number of changes which should help toward minimising any impact of this error to our Hosted users.

This is the top priority for our product and dev teams at the moment and we believe we're getting closer toward a full resolution. Thank you again for your patience, we truly appreciate it and we apologise for the trouble this has caused so far.

Further info/updates to follow.

• John McGrath
    John McGrath Member Posts: 19
    Options

Just got this notice.

Is the server timer a newly established "feature" on the server? if so, please disable it, or allow users to control.

• Rav
    Options

ℹ️ UPDATE - ISSUE RESOLVED ✅

Hi everyone,

The issue with the blue remote desktop licence error message appearing for some users in Reckon Accounts Hosted is resolved.

Our teams are continuing to monitor the service to ensure there is no recurrence of the error and also keeping a close eye on overall performance.

Separately, I've put together some information on sessions in Hosted which I'd recommend checking out - How do sessions work in Reckon Accounts Hosted? 💻

I'll close this particular post shortly as it's specific to the remote licence error message however if you run into any issues or have any questions please sing out by creating a new post HERE.

Last but certainly not least, thank you all so much for your reports, information, examples and patience, it's truly been appreciated by the entire team.

This discussion has been closed.