How do sessions work in Reckon Accounts Hosted? 💻

Options
Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,441 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Whether you’re new to Reckon Accounts Hosted or a seasoned veteran, we’d highly recommend checking out this info on how your sessions work after logging in to the Reckon Accounts Hosted service.

What is a session?

When you login and launch your Reckon Accounts Hosted file, you connect to our servers and start what we call a ‘session’.

When you are logged into your Reckon Accounts Hosted file and working in it, your session will remain logged in indefinitely provided you are actively working in the file.

What happens if I leave my session idle?

There may be occasions where you need to work on something else away from your Hosted file. If you’ve left your session idle for an extended period of time eg. an hour, you might notice a message similar to the below now appearing on-screen.

If you see the above message, you’ll be able to resume your existing session and continue from where you left off if you reconnect within a reasonable time period of the message first appearing.

If you haven’t reconnected within a reasonable period, your session will end.

You will then need to relaunch your Reckon Accounts Hosted file, any unsaved work you had previously will be lost.

While the above message that appears on-screen is a new addition following our system upgrade on 16 March, the overall process and behaviour when it comes to idle sessions in Reckon Accounts Hosted is unchanged. Previously, idle sessions would be disconnected without any on-screen indication or messaging.

What should I do?

We highly recommend saving your work as you’re progressively working in your company file. If you’re going to be away from your PC or don’t need to use your file for an extended period of time, you may want to consider closing your file (File ➡️ Exit) while you’re away to avoid your session from being interrupted.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.