Help - Unrecoverable Error

Options
simpgraus
simpgraus Member Posts: 8
edited March 20 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hello, im looking for help with this error.

Im trying to help out family but i have no idea how to fix this.

the Software is a clean install on a new computer.

any help would be great thanks

EDIT: only get this error after trying to do a backup

Comments

• Nickiu
    Nickiu Reckon Staff Posts: 42 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hey @simpgraus ,

Usually this error occur when the file is corrupt. However, This could be fix by perform a Verify and Rebuild on your company file. Could you please try that and see if it fixes the error?

How to perform a data file rebuild in Reckon Accounts Business (Desktop) — Reckon Community

Thanks,

Nick

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Do the rebuild 3 times in a row

• simpgraus
    edited March 21
    Options

@Nickiu

I have completed this. with no errors, i then did another Verify that also completed without any problems

I then have done a backup that completes without issue

but once i click ok i get the same error as before.

• Nickiu
    Nickiu Reckon Staff Posts: 42 Reckon Staff
    Options

@simpgraus

Since you tried Uninstall and Re-install the software and Rebuild Data operation does not resolve the issue. I would recommend you to submit the file to our Data recovery team to investigate your company file further.

https://www.reckon.com/au/support/data-services/

Thanks,

Nick

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @simpgraus

While Verify and Rebuild Data operation is able to proceed with no errors detected, there may still be some problem present in the file.

1. Can you confirm whether you are able to successfully view the Memorised Transaction List. Typically, after the completion of a backup, the data file will be reopened, and that list is one of the first things that gets accessed. If attempting to view the Memorised Transaction List results in a crash, then that confirms some file damage.
    2. Can you test whether the backup you have created is able to be restored successfully? It is a good practice to test whether backups that are created are actually able to be restored.
    3. Confirm whether your reports are showing all the figures you expect, such as the "Trial Balance", "Balance Sheet", "Open Invoices" and "Unpaid Bills" reports.
  • simpgraus
    Options

thanks for the reply i will try this suggestion on Tuesday, i will then give a update

• simpgraus
    Options

@Datarec_ReckonLtd

As soon as the backup is completed. we click on and then the program has its error and closes.

however if i manually go to the Memorised Transaction List is will open.

i have tested a backup it says it restored successfully.

also reports seem to be correct with there latest data

we have submitted a data service form today.

we even try restoring a backup from well over a month ago without solving the issue.

the error only occurs after a backup has been created. apart from that everything else seem to work fine.

thanks again

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Options

Hi @simpgraus

It is good to hear that:

• the backups that are created are able to be restored successfully and opened
    • that the resulting data file has correct figures and latest data

We will take a look at the file you have submitted to see if we encounter the same situation and if there is anything we can find that possibly explains why you experience a crash after the backup process is completed

• simpgraus
    Options

everything you need should now have been sent.

thanks

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Options

The tests we have performed on your data file shows that is able to successfully create a backup without encountering a crash.

The file integrity test found no structural issues with the data file.

The recommendation is for you to make use of the built-in functions of the Reckon Accounts software to re-sort the Lists and perform a Rebuild Data operation.

Re-sort of the Lists and then a Rebuild Data operation.

https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8013170/how-to-sort-or-re-sort-lists-in-reckon-accounts

https://help.reckon.com/article/l5e8fnis6r-how-to-verify-data-and-rebuild-data-in-the-reckon-accounts-business-range-desktop

A copy of the file in which we have done this process and confirmed that the resulting file is able to successfully undergo a backup without experiencing a crash has been sent to you.

• simpgraus
    Options

@Datarec_ReckonLtd

just a update i have tried everything suggested here.. no change.

we have done a new reinstall. Not change not sure what is causing this error.

we decide to try another computer to test install. its works perfect on this system however this pc is not owned by them so we can use this..

Have you guy had any known programs that cause issues. the Affected pc is a full install of windows 10 about a month ago now. any other suggestions would be welcome.

we are completely out of ideas, we have decide to wait until the next program update and will have a new try to fix the issue then.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Options

Hi @simpgraus

If both computer are running Windows 10 and you are able to get it to work on your test computer, then the problem is only occurring on the clients specific computer.

There is no known list of programs that would cause the specific problem you are experiencing.

Consider renaming the data file to have a shorter name, then testing the backup process once more.

Consider moving the data file to a local hard drive location instead of a network folder location. then testing the backup process once more.

Try both renaming and relocating the QBW file then testing the backup process once more.

Consider booting Windows in Safe Mode to try to isolate any concurrently running applications that may be contributing to the issue then testing the backup process once more.

Consider testing a different company data file on the affected computer to see if a different data file is able to successfully undergo the backup process without the resulting crash at the end of the process, as this can isolate whether the problem is data file specific affecting only one file, or any data file being backed up on that particular computer.

• simpgraus
    Options

@Datarec_ReckonLtd

Sorry, busy with work at the moment,

I wouldn't be able to try these suggestion until next weekend at earliest due to my work commitments.

i will also retry another full reinstall of the program as well.

i will post a update once i have had a chance to try these ideas, not until 20/4

thanks again for assistance.

• simpgraus
    Options

@Datarec_ReckonLtd

Just a update.

We have tried everything suggested. No Change.

we have decide just to wait until the next program update. i will then try a complete system format and start again.