Disconnecting

Options
Sam_9269607
Sam_9269607 Member Posts: 7

Why does RAH keep disconnecting randomly since the last update?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Sam_9269607

Can you give us a bit more detailed info on what you're experiencing. Are you running into a message that states your session limit has been reached?

More specifically, is your session idle for an extended period of time? If so, then the info here might be useful - How do sessions work in Reckon Accounts Hosted? 💻

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sam_9269607
    Options

This is the message I just received. This never used to happen. Now it happens randomly, which is problematic when we are operating in a retail environment. Occasionally it disconnects and won't re connect without first having to log off remote sessions from the control panel.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me @Sam_9269607

Is your session left idle for extended periods of time?

While the above message is new following the recent system upgrade to Hosted, the overall behaviour when it comes to idle sessions remains the same.

Essentially, if your session has been left idle for an extended period of time, the above message will appear. You can keep your session active simply by accessing your file eg. working in it, clicking a menu or even just moving your mouse around in your file.

If the message from your screenshot appears due to your session being idle for a prolonged period, you'll be able to reconnect to the existing session provided you reconnect within a reasonable period of time of the message appearing. If not, the session will end and you'll be required to relaunch your file which sounds like what's happening at the moment.

How do sessions work in Reckon Accounts Hosted? 💻

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sam_9269607
    Options

It can happen after 5 minutes at times.

We also have to go through the control panel to log off remote sessions before we can log back on sometimes...

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Sam_9269607

That sounds strange. It certainly shouldn't be appearing after such a short timeframe like that. Sorry to ask but are you certain that's the case? ie. that the session hasn't been left idle for a longer period say for example an hour or more?

When was the last time you noticed the idle session message appearing after such a short period like 5 minutes? Can I get you to please take note of the times, in particular when was the last time the session was in-use vs when the idle session message appears.

If you've already got the above details, can you shoot that through to me in a private message along with the UserID it relates to.

Also, do you have multiple users and is it affecting those other users as well OR just a single user?

• Sam_9269607
    Options

This is getting out of hand. I've just had it log me off after about 7 minutes. This time it logged straight back in, but we are still getting instances where we have to go to the control panel and log off remote sessions before we can get back on. We are running a business here and I can't keep making people wait while I keep having to stuff around logging back on to the system all the time. This wasn't a problem before the last update.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Sam_9269607

What was the specific time you received the idle session message this morning?

Can you send me the following info in a private message please -

• Your User ID this occurred on
    • The time the idle session message appeared today
    • Which browser you're using with Hosted
    • Your location
    • Do you have a screensaver set on your PC and if so what is the timeout interval of the screensaver