Reckon Accounts Hosted disconnecting

Options
MartyHansen
MartyHansen Member Posts: 5
edited March 22 in Accounts Hosted

Reckon Hosted is continually disconnecting, this has occurred all week. I have seen notices about it. But it's not showing a fix, and not showing status issues today, however there are.

Does someone know what's going on?

Thank you everyone.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,444 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @MartyHansen

What is appearing on-screen? Is it a message similar to the below example?

If so, is your session left idle for extended periods of time?

While the above message is new following the recent system upgrade to Hosted, the overall behaviour when it comes to idle sessions remains the same.

Essentially, if your session has been left idle for an extended period of time, the above message will appear. You can keep a session active simply by doing something in your file eg. working in it, clicking a menu or even just moving your mouse around in your file.

If the above message appears due to your session being idle for a prolonged period, you'll be able to reconnect to the existing session provided you reconnect within a reasonable period of time of the message appearing. If not, the session will end and you'll be required to relaunch your file which sounds like what's happening at the moment.

I'd highly recommend checking out the info in this guide - How do sessions work in Reckon Accounts Hosted? 💻

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• MartyHansen
    Options

Thank you Rav, it never used to do it no matter the length of time idle. Now it seems to be very regular, and within 15-20 mins of not using it, which is common in our business while we are serving clients. It's very annoying. That message you have posted has only come up once, all the other times, it just disconnected, or said something similiar to that but not with the host "Ip-0........." message.

We can't be continually signing in all day between talking to clients & then getting them to pay for their services.

• Pivacadmin
    Pivacadmin Member Posts: 16
    Options

Same here - if my screen is idle for more than 5 mins - it is disconnected. I cant even leave my desk now to grab a file and check emails - I come back to Reckon, I have to constantly check that I am still logged in. It is very frustrating - it is worse since the last upgrade and am really getting over it!!!

Our external Accountant has said the exact same

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,444 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

That sounds strange. It certainly shouldn't be appearing after such a short timeframe. Sorry to ask but are you certain that's the case? ie. that the session hasn't been left idle for a longer period say for example an hour or more?

Put simply, the above message from my screenshot above should only appear after the session has been left idle for a long while. If or when it does appear, you can reconnect to the existing session if you do so within a reasonable time period.

Can you confirm this is the case for you?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Pivacadmin
    Options

Yes I can confirm - I either get that that I have been logged out for being idle or i get this one

So I have asked this before - why am I constantly being logged out - I might not be using Reckon whilst using for eg spreadsheets and occassionally Ive moved the mouse over the Reckon screen to "keep it active" but that doesnt work. This is so annoying and to be honest "a pain in the ....."

• Rav
    Options

@Pivacadmin

If your session has been left idle for an extended period of time, the above message will appear. While the above message is new following the recent system upgrade to Hosted, the overall behaviour when it comes to idle sessions remains the same as prior to the upgrade.

Lets drill down on this a bit. How long do you typically leave the session idle for before you notice this message appearing? If its an extended period, say an hour for example, then that's normal. However, if you're certain that it appears after a much shorter period then that's something we'll need to take a closer look at.

Can I get you to please take note of the specific times, in particular when was the last time the session was actively in-use vs when the idle session message appears. If you've already got those details, can you shoot that through to me in a private message along with the UserID it relates to.

Also, do you have multiple users and is it affecting those other users as well OR just a single user?

• Pivacadmin
    Options

Hi - will do - yes we have multiple users, however we both cannot log in at the same time (with different user names & p/words) as the other gets knocked out. So we dont log in at the same time now.

Will monitor and let you know but my question has never been answered - WHY do we get logged out if we leave Reckon "idle", MYOB doesnt do that so really curious as to why

• Pivacadmin
    Options

Hi - also my status is alway "orange" now since the upgrade and when I click on the status - it says ' ongoing minor issue" - what is this please??

• MartyHansen
    Options

This happens to me at any length of time, there is no set timeframe, it can be within 15-20mins as I had said earlier. It doesn't always fully disconnect, but goes black screen & then I move the mouse & it takes some time to re open, sometimes it doesn't open & I have to re-launch. The black screen can happen very quickly, it is definately not an hour, as I am using the computer all the time during the day, jumping from browser to browser. I don't know if the multiple users are having trouble.

• Pivacadmin
    Options

Agree with MartyHansen totally - no set time frame, yep goes black etc

• Rav
    Options

That definitely does sound frustrating. I'm not a dev but I've done a bit of testing and I haven't been able to replicate the disconnection message unless it's been left idle for a long while. The extremely short timeframe you're describing is well outside the norm though so if you're certain that's occurring then that's something we can take a look at.

I will however need detailed examples that I can take back for closer investigation.

It would be great to get specific times where you were last active in the file vs the time you receive the above message. I'll also need the user ID of the affected user. Shoot these through to me in a private message and I'll see what I can do.

⚠️ Just to be clear, this only applies for sessions that are idle for well less than an hour such as those you've mentioned.

Thanks guys, really appreciate your cooperation with this.

• MartyHansen
    Options

I have sent an example that already happened this morning. Thanks Rav.

• Sue Renouf
    Sue Renouf Member Posts: 32
    Options

Was there an outcome on this?

• Rav
    Options

Hi there @Sue Renouf

Are you encountering the idle session message appearing when you've been idle for less than an hour?

• Sue Renouf
    Sue Renouf Member Posts: 32
    Options

My clients asked about it today as they find it is quite quickly going to the screen with the message below.

The session with host "ip-xxxxxxqbi.aust" has been disconnected. The idle session limit timer on the server has elapsed.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me @Sue Renouf

That message will appear when the session has become idle. This normally occurs when you haven't used/worked in your file for an hour. While the appearance of the message is new, its the norm when it comes to idle sessions and I'd recommend checking out more info HERE.

With that said, if your client is encountering the idle session message when they have been idle for less than one hour, our technical support team would be keen to investigate that and would love to have a chat with the specific user(s) as it occurs in real-time.

Are you aware if this is the case for your client? ie. are they receiving the idle session message when they've been idle for less than hour?

• MartyHansen
    Options

Hi Rav, last week the black screen & having to re-launch started happening within a couple of minutes & even while I was actually using it. It has been a little better this week, but I don't think you are understanding that it is not only after non use or idle on reckon hosted. It can be any time frame. I'm not sure you are believing this is happening.

• Rav
    Options

Hey @MartyHansen

No I definitely believe you and I apologise if I've been coming across to the contrary. What I just need to establish from the reports that come in is whether users are receiving the idle message before or after one hour of idle time. If its after one hour then that is normal however anything short of that, such as the examples you've brought forward, are outside the norm and that specifically is what we want to take a closer look at.

To be fully transparent, our team have been trying to reproduce the <1 hour scenario for a while now however so far we haven't been able to across multiple users & accounts, so its proving challenging to nail down the root cause. What's adding a little more complication is that the <1 hour idle message is not occurring for all users and there also doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern to them from the small number of reports we've had so we're at the point where we really need to track these reports very closely.

Hopefully that helps explain or at least adds a little more context to some of my responses around this particular topic.