Reckon Time out

Options
Allanna
Allanna Member Posts: 5
edited March 27 in Accounts Hosted

Reckon closes due to time out, when not being used. I need to be in Reckon all day.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,457 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Allanna

Your session will remain active indefinitely if you're actively working in your file.

If your session has been left idle for an extended period of time you will notice a new message appearing on-screen that looks like something like this 👇

If you encounter the above message because your session has been left idle you will still be able to reconnect to the same session provided you do so within a reasonable period of time of it appearing.

Please note, while the above message is new the overall behaviour of idle sessions in Hosted remains the same. I'd highly recommend checking out the info in this article -

How do sessions work in Reckon Accounts Hosted? 💻

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Allanna
    Options

Hi Rav. Yes that is correct but my workload requires me to use Reckon all day. It is a problem to get in and out all day and this also is frustrating & time consuming. Can i extend time?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,457 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

If you're actively using Hosted all day then your session will remain active.

If your session has been left idle for a fair while ie. you haven't been working in your file for an extended period then you may notice that message appearing which you can then reconnect to provided you do so within a reasonable duration. The period of idle time cannot be extended or changed.

With all that said, can I just clarify something with you, how long is your session left idle?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Allanna
    Options

how do I find idle time

• Allanna
    Options

It could be up to about 1/2 hour.

• Rav
    Options

Sorry to ask but are you certain that's the case? ie. that the session hasn't been left idle for a longer period say for example, an hour or more?

• Allanna
    Options

Rav, that is ok.

Yes, you would be right, this has not happened before though.