Dummy run for payroll on Reckon Hosted

sandrah
sandrah Member Posts: 42 Reckoner Reckoner
edited May 8 in Accounts Hosted

Hello; we are looking to start doing payroll in July in Reckon Hosted (currently outsourced).

We only have 4 pay period this financial year left, and I would like to do at least one (as many as possible) on Reckon and compare to the ones currently done by our provider before we go 'live'. Is this possible to do a 'dummy run' and not actually pay anyone?

Answers

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Reckon Staff
    edited May 9

Hi @sandrah,

Sorry for the delay!

Yes, you can definitely process a dummy pay-run and remove it from your company file afterwards for Reckon Accounts. I highly recommend watching our vide below, it will help you understand how to process one!

If you need me to expand on anything, please reply back to this thread.

Thank you and have a lovely day.

Cheers,

Lucas

• sandrah

Thank you Lucas

Yes, the video has helped, however I'm still struggling with setting up our staff.

This is the first one:

The salary packaging of $500 hasn't been deducted but has appeared in payg tax but no other tax deducted??

also the fee of $9.54 hasn't been deducted?

Can I have the description of the super named as the fund for each staff?

Much appreciated - we've got a long way to go to get this up and running!

Regards

Sandra

• Lucas

Hi @sandrah,

It depends on how the items have been setup within your payroll item list, I may need to schedule a callback with you, and we can go over a few things, if you would like to call in on 1300 756 663. An agent will be able to assist you immediately unless happy to wait.

Let me know if you would like to give that a try!

Thank you and speak soon.

Cheers,

Lucas

• sandrah
    edited May 9

Yes a call back from you would be great; <phone number removed> - I work 8am to 4.06 pm

Thank you

• sandrah

Lucas, I've worked out where I was going wrong - I hadn't entered a quantity for the deductions!!

• Lucas

Hi @sandrah,

Sorry for the delay in my response!

It's good to hear you were able to figure out the quantity for deductions, I'm still happy to schedule a phone call tomorrow and go over a few things or answer any questions you may have.

Thank you and have a lovely evening.

Cheers,

Lucas

• sandrah

Yes Lucas, I'd love to speak further over the phone.

Regards

Sandra