Reckon Hosted MFA question

Laurelle Searle
Laurelle Searle Member Posts: 14 Reckoner Reckoner

How do you know you have installed MFA correctly. i had a few problems and installed an authenticator that cost $29.95 and still did not work then I tried the Authenticator I installed when I set up the Authenticator for STP and it worked but I have been able to get into my account without the authenticator these past few hours.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,371 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Laurelle

Once MFA becomes mandatory in a few days (15 May) it will appear once in a 24 hour period per device.

Currently, the MFA challenge will appear once every 30 days which is why it hasn't appeared again for you.

What sort of issues did you encounter when setting up MFA? Was there any particular reason you went with a paid authenticator rather than using your existing one?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• This content has been removed.
  • Laurelle Searle
    Laurelle Searle Member Posts: 14 Reckoner Reckoner

HI Rav, It was the one that came up on my iphone when I scanned the QR code, so I went with that one. Not thinking that I could use the one I already had installed and already using since STP was developed. I weird thing was I did not have to use any of the instructions one I went back into Reckon and choose Loggin Security Setting (MFA) There was just the button with ENABLE MFA so I clicked that then tried the paid authenticator was did not work so I then tried the one I had for payroll and it worked and I got in to my Reckon Account. I just need to know now that I have everything working. Thanks

• This content has been removed.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,371 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 9

Hi @Laurelle Searle

Thanks for clarifying, that makes a lot more sense now.

If you sign in to the Reckon Portal (for sending STP) with the same login that you use for Reckon Accounts Hosted then you'll use that same existing MFA that you've already setup and are using. There's no need for setup in Hosted and you'll see a message stating the below to let you know the existing MFA will be automatically enabled in your Hosted account.

We've got info about this in our MFA help guide HERE and also our Frequently Asked Questions for MFA with Reckon Accounts Hosted HERE.

The authenticator apps we suggest using are Microsoft or Google Authenticator which are free. In regard to the other authenticator that you downloaded, I'd suggest checking to ensure you haven't signed up for an ongoing subscription with them and cancel it if you have no need for it.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.