Weird Issue post upgrade to 2024 - Accounts Hosted - NZ

PeterC67
PeterC67 Member Posts: 26 Reckoner Reckoner

So, the upgrade has been done, but for most users it is not working. But what is even more confusing is that it is the users at the office that are having an issue.

2 users at home, have tried to login to 2024 and it works fine. I am one of those users, and tried it last night, and it worked fine.

However, in the office, when we try and login to 2024, we get the error message below: -

I thought it may have had something to with internet, I cleared history, cookies etc. via CCleaner. Have tried with Chrome, and Edge.

Still a problem.

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions as to how to fix.

Tagged:

Comments

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 277 Reckon Staff

Morning @PeterC67

After upgrading the file, do you think if the file has moved to a different location?

Please confirm the following -

• If users are using the file from the same location (Before Upgrade)?
    • Is the file located in the shared folder and are they accessing the correct folder or file?
    • After Upgrading, are they using the Upgraded file or using back-up file?

If they are restoring the back-up file, that needs to go through the upgrade process and will require Admin Credentials for that.

Please let us know and will be happy to investigate for you. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• Nickiu
    Nickiu Reckon Staff Posts: 141 Reckon Staff

Hi @PeterC67,

To upgrade the file, It requires you to login to the file as a Admin user. Can you confirm that you are login as an Admin?

Thanks,

Nick

• PeterC67

As I mentioned in the post, the file has been upgraded, and can be accessed under 2024 login, for the 2 users outside of the office environment.

• Nickiu

Hi @PeterC67,

Can you confirm that you are open the same file as those 2 users outside the office environment?

• PeterC67

Hey Tanvi,

As far as I am aware we all use the same file from the same folder. As I am one of the main people who use Reckon at home (single user access etc.), I know that we we are all using the same file and location, as any changes I was making were getting reflected in what we accessed at the office the next day.

I have sort of come to the same possible conclusion as you about the upgraded file and location, but of course I am in the office today, so cannot test.

The person that completed the backup and upgrade (system admin) is the business owner and permanently not in the office.

How can I tell the location and name of the upgraded file.

• PeterC67

Hey @Nickiu,

As far as I am aware we all use the same location.

When I set myself up for access @ home, I sent myself the shortcut from the office computer, and any changes I have been making @ home get reflected in the data @ the office the next day.

It may be that I will need to head home early today and ring and have a physical conversation about file names and locations etc. to try and sort this one out.

• Nickiu
    edited June 13

Hey @PeterC67 ,

Would highly suggest to double check the file location first. To find the file location, After open the company file then press Ctrl+1. However, If you couldn't file the root cause of this issue, Please feel free to ring us to investigate it further.

Cheers,

Nick

• PeterC67

@nickiu

I think that is the only way I am going to be able to sort it out. May have to wait till Monday - install TeamViewer on home computer, so that I can access both systems at the same time to see where the issue resides.

? If the locations at the office and outside the office are different, then why would the changes I make outside the office be getting reflected with the file in the office…..

• Reeta
    Reeta Reckon Staff Posts: 120 Reckon Staff

Hi @PeterC67 ,

Sometimes, if multiple sessions are open simultaneously, this issue can occur. I recommend logging into the hosted environment and accessing the control panel. From there, log out of all active sessions to ensure none are running. After clearing all active sessions, log back in and try opening the updated file. Additionally, make sure your browser cache is cleared and that you’re using an updated browser version.

Please follow the article below to log off remote sessions. Let me know how it goes.

https://help.reckon.com/article/audni1yrhc-kba-5370-how-to-log-off-a-reckon-accounts-hosted-session-that-was-closed-abnormally

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Reeta

• PeterC67

@Reeta

We did that yesterday during the day in an attempt to start using 2024, and still got the file not updated message.

I deleted browser cache this morning thinking that may have helped.

• Nickiu

@PeterC67 ,

If you're login to the same file, It will reflected the same information. Would check the file location first, then we go from there.

Cheers.

Nick

• Reeta

Hi @PeterC67 ,

Thank you for your prompt response.

As mentioned by Nick, please verify the file location.

If the problem persists, feel free to give us a call so we can further investigate the issue.

Kind regards,

Reeta

• PeterC67

Bad news….

Totally the same locaton

Office location

Home location

The good news is that when I go to open from home I do get this error - proof that it is using the same data file

Now we have a mystery.

As it now seems to be an in office issue, any suggestion/trick/tips to attempt on Monday when I return to the office will be great

• Nickiu

Hey @PeterC67,

Based on the error and I've checked on my end. I can see 4 users are currently login. I would suggest to remove all session by login as an admin account on Hosted Portal and go to Control Panel then "Log off Remote Session" and remove all session. After that, try again and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nick

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 277 Reckon Staff
    edited June 14

Hi @PeterC67

As per the screenshot provided with the error message, it looks like the issue is with the software version where it clearly says that

• 3 users (Which must be in Office) are using the older release of the software
    • Trying to open the company file which has been upgraded to newer version at home (File Location is same), it asks them to upgrade the file using Admin password

So, if you can please confirm again (At office), if they are using the old version (because once the file has been upgraded to a newer version, it wouldn't allow to open in any older version) and If they're, they need to use the newer version listed in the software to be able to access the upgraded file (Which has been done at home - working file). I hope that make sense.

Thanks

Tanvi

• Reeta

Hi PeterC67,

In addition to Nick and Tanvi's suggestions, please ensure that all users select "Launch Account 2024" before opening the file, as shown in the image below.

If any issues persist, please reach out for further assistance.

Kind regards,

Reeta

• PeterC67

Is can now get closed.

The upgrade process was not followed as per the instructions provided by Reckon

• Reeta

Hi PeterC67,

Thank you for confirming.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance.

Kind regards,

Reeta