Login attempts exceeded

Glenda_7846464
Glenda_7846464 Member Posts: 37 Reckoner Reckoner

How long do you have to wait before you attempt to login again? I had waited 30 minutes and I still can't login.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,620 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

did you log off remote sessions in the control panel. If so should be able to login immediately

• Glenda_7846464

I cannot get to the control panel as I haven't been able to login

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,620 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

what happens when you try? And did it just dropout?

• Glenda_7846464

I receive a code and enter it but I keep getting the same message.

• Kris_Williams

what’s the message?….

• Glenda_7846464

Login attempts exceeded. Try again later.

• Kris_Williams

make sure you are entering the right code, if you click send code more than once you can sometimes end up entering the wrong one

• Kris_Williams

I’m sorry I don’t know what the timeout is for that message

• Glenda_7846464

The first code was wrong but every code since is correct. Tried six codes so far.

• Glenda_7846464

I'll try in the morning. Maybe it will work then.

• Kris_Williams

yes that way you can ring support, good luck

• Glenda_7846464

I just tried again now and this time it worked. Thanks Kris.

• Kris_Williams

that’s great, good on you

• Reeta
    Reeta Reckon Staff Posts: 145 Reckon Staff

Hi @Glenda_7846464 ,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I’m glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

For future reference, if you encounter that error message again, you need to wait at least an hour before trying again, as confirmed by the dev team.

Additionally, please clear your browsing history and cache before retrying after an hour. This should resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Reeta