Mobile app freezing when submitting EOFY to the ATO

Mcigel
Mcigel Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member
edited July 9 in Reckon Payroll

Running the latest version of Reckon payroll. Checked my EOFY for 23-24 and found it to be correct. Tried submitting it to the ATO and when I press the submit to ATO button it does not send and the app is frozen. What is happening

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Mcigel

Are you using the Reckon Payroll mobile app or the full Reckon Payroll on a PC?

If its the former, are you on the latest version of the Reckon Payroll App? The current and latest version is v8.0.0. Check your app store for any available updates if you're not already on this version.

If you're using the mobile app, tap on the STP tab on the Pay Runs screen. Does your EOFY submission appear here?

• Mcigel
    Mcigel Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

I am using 8.0.0. Just checked out STP tab and there are 12 successful EOFY reports there. So they seem to have gone through even though it hung on the submit to the ATO screen and I had to reboot the app each time. So it has worked but there is definitely a glitch. Thx for your STP tab advice

• Selina_10231251
    Selina_10231251 Member Posts: 28 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi Rav,

I have the same problem. Every time I tried to submit my EOFY to ATO, it for frozen. I have the latest version v8.0.0

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 9

Hi guys

Can I just confirm which phone model you're using the Reckon Payroll App on and the operating system your phone is running? eg. iPhone 15 Pro Max running iOS 17 etc

I'm guessing the app becomes unresponsive after you click the option to actually send the submission off to the ATO, is that correct?

What was happening on-screen when you noticed the app freezing? Was there any error message etc?

• Selina_10231251
    Selina_10231251 Member Posts: 28 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi Rav,

I am using iPhone 15 Pro Max using iOS 17.5.1

Everytime when I submitted EOFY to ATO, it got frozen, no any error message , just freezing and no reaction. I had to switch off my phone and turned it on again. I have tried 4 times, still have the same problem. So I ended up to try to submit through my desktop, from there I saw it had already success submitted to ATO four times. Is there any problem my EOFY submit to ATO 4 times?

• Rav

Hi @Selina_10231251

Thank you for this info and no, there is no issue with submitting an EOFY finalisation multiple times. The latest one overwrites the previous submission.

Just another question, have you created any pay runs for the current/new 2024/25 financial year? If so, did you experience the same freezing issue when sending that regular STP submission as well? Or did it only happen on the EOFY finalisation?