Super showing up under RESC

skp1
skp1 Member Posts: 3 Novice Member Novice Member

For a 1 month period, the guaranteed super paid to my employee was incorrect at 10.5% instead of the 11%. This was picked up and the next pay period, the correct 11% super was paid plus the additional 0.5% on top of that for the previous month. When I did the pay run on my Reckon payroll app, I had to choose fixed amount of super rather than percentage.

I am now doing the EOFY, and I realised that the additional super is not showing up under super but under RESC. Is that correct or should I be able to include it under super as it is still part of the guaranteed super amount owed.

Thanks

Comments

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 303 Reckon Staff

Morning @skp1

Regarding your query, usually the Super was 11% for last financial year as you already know, whatever % above that amount, it will fall under RESC amount.

In additional to that, it also depends on How you have that Super set-up in Employee Records under Pay. If you have Enabled RESC Exempt, it will include all amount of super paid to an employee under Super and if not enabled, the amount after the stat rate will go in RESC. Please check the screenshot for your reference -

I hope this will help. Please let us know for any concerns. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• skp1

Thank you Tanvi. I have enabled RESC exempt, however the super amount for 2023-24 last financial year still has the same RESC amount. I assume that the RESC exempt will apply now ongoing, however I need it to retrospectively apply. Do I need to just resubmit that pay again or is there something else I need to do.

• skp1
    edited July 15

Hello again. I have re-submitted the pay now that I have set up RESC exempt. After a delay, it now shows all super under super with no RESC. Many thanks for your help.