Changing MFA from former user to new user

ChereeWard
ChereeWard Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member
edited October 1 in Accounts Hosted

We have had a new employee start. I have changed the user details from our ex employee to the new employee. She is unable to sign in as it is asking for the number from the authenticator app. The problem is the authenticator app is registered or our ex employees phone. How do I change this to the new new employees phone?

Answers

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 263 Reckon Staff

Hi @ChereeWard,

Do you happen to have the recovery pin at all for your Reckon Hosted login? We can also have the MFA authentication removed from your account, but that will require you calling in directly and confirming your details over the phone with us.

Thank you and speak soon.

Lucas

• Alexis McKeown
    Alexis McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 368 Reckon Staff

Dear @ChereeWard ,

You can revoke the Authenticator from any account as the Owner/Operator user, or by using the MFA Recovery PIN.

To revoke it as the Owner/Operator:

1. Log into Hosted, and get to the Dashboard.
    2. Click Control Panel.
    3. In the Control Panel, click Manage Users on the left-hand side.
    4. Click the Blue UserID of your new employee.
    5. You should see the button that says Revoke MFA. Click this to remove the MFA.

The next time the employee signs in, they will be prompted to set it up again.

To remove it via Recovery PIN:

1. Get the client to try login to Hosted.
    2. When it gets to the Multi-Factor Authentication window, click "Lost your device? Click here to enter your Recovery PIN."
    3. From here, enter the recovery PIN.

This will allow you access to the account, and allow them to revoke the MFA from the dashboard.

Kind regards,

Alexis McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 263 Reckon Staff

Thanks @Alexis McKeown for the insight, I never knew we can Revoke MFA as the administrator user directly through the dashboard.

• ChereeWard

Thank you- I am the administrator on the account so I guess I can not do this?

• Alexis McKeown
    Alexis McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 368 Reckon Staff

Dear @ChereeWard ,

So long as the other user has lower clearance (eg. set to User permissions), you should be able to revoke the MFA.

If you're not able to, just let me know, and I will take a quick look over your records.

Kind regards,

Alexis McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• ChereeWard

Thanks Alexis, I have higher clearance than her. I can get to step 5 of the above instructions but cant see the revoke button. Can you please have a look?