Reckon Accounts 2017 Tax Update

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

The tax update for Reckon Accounts 2017 is now live and available to install.
This update contains the latest legislative changes to help you remain compliant in the 2017/18 financial year including:
  • 2017/18 PAYG tax tables, Simpler BAS reporting, Working Holiday Maker, Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) Exempt changes and the new Empdupe and Payment Summary formats.
INSTALLING THE TAX UPDATE
Please follow these steps to install the Reckon Accounts 2017 Tax Update.
  • Ensure you have installed and activated your copy of Reckon Accounts 2017 (the Tax Update cannot be installed on earlier versions of the software). If you have not installed Reckon Accounts 2017, log in to the Members Site to access your installation key code and download now.
  • Read and follow the instructions in the UPGRADE GUIDE for important guidelines on when and how to install the update.
IMPORTANT!
The new tax tables take effect from 1 July 2017.
You MUST process employee pays for the 2016/17 financial year prior to installing this update.
Once the tax update is installed and your data file is opened, you will NOT be able to reopen your file in the original Reckon Accounts 2016 release.

WE'RE HERE TO HELP
To assist you during the busy EOFY period, the Customer Service team have extended support hours from 26 June - 7 July, and the Technical Support team from 21 June - 9 July.

Customer Service:
customerservice@reckon.com
1800 RECKON (1800 732 566)
Weekdays 6:30am to 8:00pm
Weekends 9:00am to 4:00pm

Technical support: 
advantage@reckon.com
1300 137 657
Weekdays 8:30am to 8:00pm 
Weekends 9:00am to 4:00pm

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Leshelle
    Leshelle Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav,

can you clarify please whether its ok use the current Payment Summary, and so to process those as well, BEFORE installing the update?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited April 2020
    Hi Leshelle,

Two changes have occurred over the course of 2016/2017 that mean the Payment Summaries and EmpDupe file generation in 2017R1 and 2016R2 may not meet requirements for all users.  These concern:
    • Working Holiday Makers who earned an income from the one business before 1/1/17 and after 1/1/17 - they require separate payment summaries for each of these periods;
    • Organisations that are exempt from paying the Fringe Benefits tax; 
    So if these 2 conditions do not apply to you its OK to use the Payment Summaries and EmpDupe file from 2017R1 and 2016R2.  You can also generate them from 2017R2.

if either of these conditions apply to you then you must upgrade to 2017R2 (apply the Tax Table Update to 2017R1) and generate the Payment Summaries and the Empdupe file from it.

You must complete your last pay for 2016/17 (that is, paid to the employee on or before 30/6/17) in 2017R1 or 2016R2 and you must upgrade to 2017R2 before you make your first pay of 2017/18 (that is, paid to the employee on 1/7/17 and later) to ensure you are using the correct tax tables and thresholds at all times.  

Hope this clarifies the matter.

regards,
    John

• Gabrielle Baudinette
    Gabrielle Baudinette Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2017
    I am receiving a message to do the payroll tax update but when I go into Update and select Payroll 2017 tax update and my customer number and Pin, the screen just sits there and I do not get the option to download the file.
  • Diane Connolly
    Diane Connolly Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2017

mine too

• Diane Connolly
    edited June 2017
    looks like a number of people have this problem as do i
  • Alan Dowling
    Alan Dowling Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2017
    I have this problem as well !
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi guys,

Do you mean that the webpage itself is not loading after you input your details?

Can you please try on another browser?

Alternatively, hit the 'Install the tax update' button in my post above and see if that works for you

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leshelle
    Leshelle Member Posts: 103
    edited July 2017
    Hi John, thanks for your reply. One further question, we just became FBT tax exempt although weve never paid fringe benefits and there will be none to report. If I must use the new format payment summary, how do I get a TICK in the "Is the employer exempt from FBT" box?
  • Diane Connolly
    edited July 2017

it appears that if you haven't paid your $900 for subscription update you can't download the tax update either.  these used to be free/  maybe reckon should say this on this page instead of leave some of us frustrated with retrying the download.  my subscription ran out just after I downloaded the 2017 full update that did not include the tax update.

• Alan Dowling
    Alan Dowling Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2017
    Rav, I am again entering my customer id and pin at the tax install update page and nothing happens
  • Sari_9173306
    Sari_9173306 Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2017
    Hi, I have installed the new tax updates but when I run my payroll, the tax is way over-calculating - across all employee records. Is this a known problem? I am on hold to tach support now but that's been for half an hour.

• Rav
    edited July 2017
    Requires new thread Please reference the new conversation here: Installed the new tax updates but when I run my payroll, the tax is way over-calc...

• Rav
    edited July 2017
    Requires new thread Please reference the new conversation here: Installed the new tax updates but when I run my payroll, the tax is way over-calc...

• Gabrielle Baudinette
    Gabrielle Baudinette Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Dianne. I am in the same situation as you. My advantage membership expired in June. Don't feel like we are getting value from Quickbooks anymore. Maybe time I look at alternative accounting solutions which is a shame because I have used Quickbooks for over 20 years