IMPORTANT NOTICE - Webmail Batch Payslips - Reckon Accounts 2017 - *SOLVED*

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Batch payslip email issue within Reckon Accounts 2017

Hi everyone,

We are currently investigating an issue affecting batch payslip emailing within Reckon Accounts 2017 for webmail users.

If you use webmail (eg Gmail, Hotmail, Office 365 etc) for your batch payslip emailing, one employee payslip (selected at random within the batch) will be sent to all email recipients.

This issue only occurs when using webmail and is not present when using Outlook desktop, or when sending payslips individually. Other functions such as sending batch invoices are also not affected with this problem.

We are treating this issue very seriously and our Development team are currently investigating to determine a solution with the highest priority.

In the interim, we advise you and your clients to use Outlook desktop as your email solution, or send payslips out individually. 
Please DO NOT use the webmail (Gmail, Hotmail, Office 365 etc) feature of Reckon Accounts 2017 for batch payslip emailing. 

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and frustration this may cause. 

A communication will be sent to all affected customers that have downloaded their Reckon Accounts 2017 file shortly.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2017
    Just to provide more clarity, this will affect you if you use the "WebMail" feature of Reckon Accounts Business which can be found under Preferences > Send Forms > My Preferences

You will need to use the "Outlook" option to send using your local desktop Outlook email client.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    edited April 2017
    Please reference the new conversation here: Staff intermittently not receiving their payslips

• Rav
    edited April 2017

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    This is not good enough. Not eveyone uses Outlook.
    This needs to be fixed it is a severe security breach. No problem with MYOB on this one.

• Paul Martin
    Paul Martin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    How are we going with a Fix for this email problem

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2017
    Hello DebonAir, Andrew, Paul,

The fix for this webmail payslip issue will be contained in the Tax Table Update 2017 to be released later in June.  

regards,
    John
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    That is good news, but maybe a patch to download might be good for the interim period.

• David Smith_8304116
    David Smith_8304116 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Outlook doesn't even work for me. I use Outlook 2016 and I ge tthe message "An internal error occurred while preapring your message. It has not been sent. (MAP) error code 00000000 (0) in sendmail.cpp). I did not have this problem with Account Plus 2016
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    If Reckon had delivered on their promises a couple of years ago - the fact that the pay slips have gone to the wrong people would be slightly less of an issue.

I was at the Reckon Conference in Melbourne when they advised that password protected pay slips would be available in Reckon One.    I specifically asked what was happening with Reckon Accounts and Reckon Hosted and was advised that this would be coming in the very near future.   Still nothing!!     So much for the ongoing support of a supposedly important group of clients.

Also, as an aside, the Reckon Roadshows have traditionally been held in May - but nothing this year.   Anybody know what is going on.
  • C_6990250
    C_6990250 Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2017
    Why hasn't a notification about this known issue been emailed to people who have upgraded? I certainly have not been notified! Are the problems with leave accruals with the upgrade also a known issue? I certainly won't be upgrading the rest of my files for now.
  • Rav
    edited May 2017
    Hi C

An email notification of this issue was sent through on April 12 (the same day as this post).

A copy of the email can be found HERE

• anthony_8142324
    anthony_8142324 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2017
    Can you actually email the payslips with outlook as I don't want to upgrade and still find it doesn't work.
    How do you turn of the password when I am trying to email the pay slips.?   
  • Allan Simpson
    Allan Simpson Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Just installed this update last week, did not see any  WARNING that there was a BUG in it , even though you said here 2 months ago there would be email or something. Not happy that Iam paying for so called IT support and you do not give notification of bugs like this, Which now means all my workers have seen someone elses payslip. Not Happy RAV. Not good enough from Reckon. At least I found this post , I will have to wait for the end of the finical year to update the tax rate which has a fix in it as you said. (Hope there are no other bugs in that code ??)
  • Paul Martin
    edited June 2017
    So, come on Reckon...Does the new tax table download fix this issue or not. I pay $700 per year for Support. Demonstrate Reckon that I am not simply wasting my money
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2017
    Hello Allan, Paul,

Yes, the fix for the "batch payslips emailing via webmail" issue is contained in the Tax Table Update.  

You can download and apply the Tax Table Update from the member's site once you have processed your final pays for 2016/17, and you must do it before your first pay of 2017/18 to ensure you are using the correct tax tables for the new financial year..  

Please read the upgrade guide before applying the Update.

regards,
    John

• Paul Martin
    edited June 2017
    Thanks John for the reply

• C_6990250
    edited June 2017
    Is it also a known issue regarding random emailing of remittance advices? I haven't upgraded to the version with the new tax scales yet, however I use Outlook, and had a random Remittance advice that should have went to the appropriate supplier also email out to one of my customers!
    Also I am still waiting on my email at one of my workplaces letting us know about the tax tables being ready!
  • C_6990250
    edited June 2017
    I have also found the same customer has also been randomly sent a statement belonging to another customer!
  • Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hi C,

We haven't come across this in our testing but just checking something, is this a new occurrence for you that you've noticed? Or have you been getting reports from customers/suppliers of this occurring for a while now?

• Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hi again C,

Just one other thing, can you also please confirm if you're using desktop Outlook OR webmail but with Office365 (Outlook) SMTP settings?

Cheers
    Rav

• Vanessa McDonald
    Vanessa McDonald Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2017
    Is this issue fixed yet?
  • Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hi Vanessa,

As John has mentioned above, this issue is fixed with the latest tax table update just released for Reckon Accounts 2017.

You can download and apply the Tax Table Update from the Members Area once you have processed your final pays for 2016/17, and you must do it before your first pay of 2017/18 to ensure you are using the correct tax tables for the new financial year..  

Please read the upgrade guide before applying the update.
    More info on the Reckon Accounts 2017 Tax Update HERE

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020

Rav

Are you able to advise the situation insofar as being able to issue payslips with some form of encryption/password protection.   As mentioned above, I was previously advised at a Reckon Conference that this feature would be coming shortly but I haven't seen anything further on this.

It is becoming a real issue with some clients.  If this feature is not available soon, I have no doubt that they will require me to source alternative software.

• C_6990250
    edited June 2017
    Hi Rav,

I am sorry I have given you some incorrect information. The file that it happened on was one I have not yet upgraded from 2016 (due to problems experienced with the 2017 upgrade). It was however the first time it has happened (to my knowledge). I am using desktop Outlook 2010. I realise it is probably time I upgraded, however it is the first time it happened.
This discussion has been closed.