Single Touch Payroll

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 542 ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Gemma from the conferences & webinars I have been attending it has been suggested the ATO may require this field when lodging pay events; although as mentioned above the file requirements have not yet been finalised.  I feel it would be just as easy to complete now while checking other details for each employee in my opinion.
  • Gemma WhiteGemma White Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Robyn
  • Phillip JobPhillip Job Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2018
    Hi Rav. Could you tell me when Accounts Desktop & Hosted will be released with STP please?
    Regards
    Phil
  • Paula HajekPaula Hajek Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    I totally disagree with  Kevin Russell MYOB an Xero have already commenced modifying and testing their software for STP. Thank goodness i only have one client which uses Reckon which to me is very amateurish  and unprofessional in both its attitude and its product. How can it possibly think it can compete wiht other  accounting/payroll products is beyond me.
  • ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Oh you totally disagree do you? Well tell me where I am wrong. I use all the software myob reckon xero and qbo. None of them are fully compliant with STP as of today
  • Simon HutchinsonSimon Hutchinson Reckon Staff Posts: 155
    edited April 2018
    The ATO does require this field

• Felicity VanFelicity Van Member Posts: 85
    edited October 2018
    Can anyone give an indication of when Reckon Accounts Enterprise will have the STP release? I haven't heard a thing at all from Reckon about this, but I seem to get lots of emails about it from the ATO & super funds! 
  • Gemma WhiteGemma White Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2018
    I know right. so many other programs are trying to get me to switch over as they say they ready to go with STP... only 6 weeks to go Reckon.
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,906 Administrator
    edited May 2018
    Hi Felicity,
    The 2018 edition of Enterprise will receive the final STP feature with the tax update coming next month. This is the case with all 2018 desktop editions of Reckon Accounts Business.

SINGLE TOUCH PAYROLL RESOURCES
  • Felicity VanFelicity Van Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2018
    Thanks Rav :)
    edited May 2018
    Hi all,
    If you're using Reckon Accounts Business (desktop) or Hosted I'd recommend checking out our new article on how to prepare your file for upcoming release of Single Touch Payroll -

Preparing Reckon Accounts Business and Hosted for Single Touch Payroll (STP)
  • Sybil KellnerSybil Kellner Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2018

We are customers and haven't received anything to date from Reckon re STP.  We would appreciate if you could send any updates to [email protected]

Thank you

edited May 2018

We are using Reckon Accounts Plus 2017 - what do we need to do to prepare for STP?

edited May 2018
    Hi Sybil,
    The 2018 range of Reckon Accounts Business (desktop) and Hosted will be STP compliant. Please upgrade to your 2018 edition in the first instance in preparation for the introduction of Single Touch Payroll.
    edited May 2018

Thanks Rav, was only when I checked that I realised we had not updated to 2018 eek :) getting that done today.  Whats next?

edited May 2018
    Good stuff Sybil,
    Functionality for STP compliance is coming with the tax update next month. We'll be getting in touch with everyone on that via email and right here on Community as well. Stay tuned.
    edited May 2018
    Hi again folks,

I've just posted the details of our Single Touch Payroll webinar that we'll be conducting to provide an overview of STP.

I'd definitely recommend attending if you can and you'll find the details here -

SINGLE TOUCH PAYROLL WEBINAR (28 May 2018)
    edited May 2018

I noticed when we did the 2018 update there is also on the website a MyGov download which seems to be available.  Is it recommended that we also do this now?

edited May 2018

Hi Rav

AGHHH!!! Just went to register for Webinar and realised I have a Doctor appointment at 3pm on Monday and it is one I cant miss as it is prep for surgery.  Will there be another webinar I could attend?  Really want to get on top of this and hoping you might be able to time another webinar for those like me that cant attend this one.  Many thanks for your ongoing support.  Cheers  Pamela

edited May 2018
    No worries, what I'll do is post a recorded copy of the webinar in the other thread so you can watch it when you have some time.
    This is just the first in the series of webinars we'll be holding for STP in the next few weeks :) 
    edited May 2018

edited May 2018
    Similar to the above, for anyone using Reckon One we've just published a separate article on preparing your Reckon One book for Single Touch Payroll (STP).
    Check it out below -

Preparing Reckon One for Single Touch Payroll (STP)
    edited May 2018
    Hi folks,
    For anyone that missed yesterday's webinar covering an overview of STP, you can view it here -

Single Touch Payroll WEBINAR (28 May 2018)
    edited June 2018
    Hi all,
    We've got a new Single Touch Payroll webinar coming up next early next week;

This webinar will cover:
    • What’s changed in the Reckon software to comply with Single Touch Payroll 
    • GovConnect STP Overview – the gateway to  manage your clients payroll information
    • A step by step demonstration of how to sign up for GovConnect STP, submit payroll data to the ATO and enable multi-factor authentication as required by the ATO
    I'd highly recommend attending if you can and you'll find the details here -

Single Touch Payroll: Pre-release WEBINAR - 25 June (Don't miss this!)
    edited August 2019

Hi Rav

Once again I wont be available for the webinar on Monday but hoping that you can again send me the link so I can access when I return to work on Tuesday.

Many thanks

Pamela

edited June 2018
    Not a problem Pamela, will have the recorded copy up on that other thread once its completed. 
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 87
    edited June 21
    I do not work Mondays either but would also love to watch it on Tuesday. Thanks
    edited June 2018

Many thanks.  Another question, when will we receive the update for the 18/19 tax tables?

• ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Sybil given the legislation was passed YESTERDAY it was difficult to respond to now. The updates will be available next week. Stay tuned
    edited June 2018
    Not a problem Rosie, will let you know as soon as I can upload the recorded copy :)