GATEWAY: FAILED AUTHENTICATING USER TOKEN

SUE GREEN
SUE GREEN Member Posts: 27
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Keep getting kicked out with the above error

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Hi Sue,

Do you have any active sessions in the Hosted control panel?

Can you please check by going into it and selecting 'Log off Remote Sessions', log off any and all active sessions and then logout. Make sure you use the 'Logout' option in the top right corner.

Once that's done, give it 3-5 minutes before logging in again.

Do you still get the same error after this?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anita Morton
    Anita Morton Member Posts: 26
    edited June 2019
    This was constantly happening to me; I spoke with my tech guy and he put me onto Firefox - No problems since :)

• SUE GREEN
    edited July 2018
    Thanks I will give that a go and let you know how I get on
  • SUE GREEN
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Anita - not sure that is an option here - but will keep it in mind
  • SUE GREEN
    edited July 2018
    No difference
  • Carol Emerton
    Carol Emerton Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    I am having this issue today in Chrome.  I get to do about 2mins work & then get kicked out again.  I get this error or that it has disconnected & trying to reconnect. 
    I don't appear to have any internet issues other than with Reckon.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Carol,
    Did you try the above steps I listed above?

Sue -
    Can you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies then close your browser and retry. Is there any change after this?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• SUE GREEN
    edited July 2018
    Sorry - but I have done all of that as well - still not better yesterday - today is a mystery - will let you know if any improvement - thanks
  • Carol Emerton
    edited July 2018
    I did try those steps Rav & left it logged off for about 10mins.  It has been okay for the last 15mins, so I am hoping the issue has resolved.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    This keeps happening to me, it is driving me crazy!! 
  • SUE GREEN
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav - I hate to say it but I think this is the problem

In an effort to to restore access for users who are unable to login to Reckon Accounts Hosted, we are deploying a new server environment which will not only rectify the access issue but also bring in streamlined workflow processes in various areas such as printing, copy/paste and added stability.

This is now live and Reckon Accounts Hosted services are back online.

The introduction of this new environment has been in our plans for release this year, and we've brought it forward in an effort to expedite a resolution to access issues affecting some Hosted users at the moment.

Could the tech's perhaps review the new platform??
  • SUE GREEN
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav - I hate to say it but I think this is the problem

In an effort to to restore access for users who are unable to login to Reckon Accounts Hosted, we are deploying a new server environment which will not only rectify the access issue but also bring in streamlined workflow processes in various areas such as printing, copy/paste and added stability.

This is now live and Reckon Accounts Hosted services are back online.

The introduction of this new environment has been in our plans for release this year, and we've brought it forward in an effort to expedite a resolution to access issues affecting some Hosted users at the moment.

Could the tech's perhaps review the new platform??
  • Jocelyn Huigsloot_9393541
    Jocelyn Huigsloot_9393541 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    Is there any update on resolving this?  I use Chrome.

• Daniela Cea
    Daniela Cea Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2019
    Hi!
    I am using Chrome and I have the same problem. Every time I open another window I have the same error. I have to log in again and again.

PLEASE HELP!
    thanks!
  • Capricorn Stages
    Capricorn Stages Member Posts: 19
    edited September 2019
    We are having the same issue here on hosted as well.  As soon as you click away from the Reckon tab, we get kicked out. We are using Chrome and have been having the issue for weeks now.
    As soon as it happens 3 times we have to go to the control panel and log ourselves out.  It is extremely frustrating.
  • Carol Emerton
    edited July 2018
    Mine was okay for a few days last week, but again this week I am having the issue.  As soon as you go to a new tab & click back to Reckon it has booted you out.  As per 'Capricorn Stages' after a few times of doing this you have to go to the Control Panel & log out as Reckon says you are already logged in, but it won't open.
    It is getting very frustrating!
  • Rav
    edited February 2019
    Hi guys,
    I've been speaking to our Hosted team about this issue and we've been trying to simulate some of your reports. At this stage unfortunately we can't replicate it.

For those who have mentioned that this occurs when you go into another tab, can you let me know if that tab you're going to is forcing a refresh of your browser? On that other tab(s), are you going to multiple websites or just one before coming back to the Hosted tab?

How long are you off the Hosted tab before coming back to it and then experiencing this problem? A few seconds, a few minutes, longer than an hour etc.

Just need to gather info around this to determine any commonalities, if you can let me know by replying below this post that would be great.

• SUE GREEN
    edited November 2018
    Hey Rav

nothing specific as above, it could be just a minute or could be 10, it could be to another web page or just to my C drive - the common denominator though does seem to be Chrome - can they look at that

thanks
  • Daniela Cea
    edited July 2018
    Sometimes is just a few seconds or a few minutes and happened as soon as you click away from the Reckon tab and when coming back to the Hosted tab shows that error...
    I've been using reckon during the morning and I had this problem at least 5 times...
  • Carol Emerton
    edited July 2018
    I work at home on a Windows based computer & when I go in to the office it's a Mac.  I have noticed that I have the issue more on the Windows based computer, with the Mac only booting me out after 5 or so minutes of not using it.  My Windows computer can be a matter of seconds of going to another tab or to my 'C' drive.

• Kerrie H
    Kerrie H Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav,

This has been happening to us for several weeks now and I notice it seems to happen when I open pages like FaceBook.  Hope this helps to resolve the issue quickly.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Kerrie,
    By several weeks, do you mean BEFORE Reckon Accounts Hosted 2018 was released? Is it the same error message that you're referring to?

• Kerrie H
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav,
    Yes this is the error, it has definately been happening regularly since the new release and I think it may have happened a couple of times before but cannot really remember.  I noticed it seemed to happen after I would open facebook or abc news etc but having said that I opened them both now to see if I could replicate the error but it hasn't happened.  I am using chrome.
  • Carol Emerton
    edited July 2018
    This is getting ridiculous!  Today, EVERY time I move away from the Reckon window I get kicked out with the Gateway error.  I am using a Windows computer, if that helps.  The only other windows I use are business based, no social media or anything like that.  I have to manual enter our invoices from another system to QB, but I cannot do that as I only have one screen.  This is now preventing me from doing my work!
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for getting back to me on this Sue,

Can you please advise what version of Chrome you are running currently when you run into this problem (example below).

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Carol,
    Are you using a particular browser across those two PC's or does it differ between the two?

Can you please advise the specific browser's you're using AND ?the version numbers.
    For example, if you're using Google Chrome -

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Kerrie,
    Can you let me know which version of Chrome you're currently running?

Example -

• SUE GREEN
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Daniela,
    Are you noticing this occurring on a specific browser? eg. Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc?

Could you let me know which browser you're using when you notice this problem AND the version number (example below)

• Carol Emerton
    edited July 2018
    When I go in to settings I don't get the 'About Chrome' section, so how else can I check this information Rav?
  • Carol Emerton
    edited July 2018
    I found it, not under 'Settings' but under 'Help' which takes you to settings & advises the details though you cannot see it if you just go to settings (makes not sense, but hey):
    Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Capricorn Stages
    Capricorn Stages Member Posts: 19
    edited September 2019
    Hi Rav
    we are using 
    Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have switched to firefox and it is so much more stable. The only thing is that there is the pop up for the clipboard which is annoying.
  • Kerrie H
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav,
    Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit).  I haven't had any errors today, but will keep a log in future and maybe a screen shot of what tabs I have open at the time, if that helps.
  • Kerrie H
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav,

I have just got the gateway failed error and think it is because I have been doing other things for the last half and hour and left it idol.
  • Beth Zielinski
    Beth Zielinski Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    Is there any resolution to this? It is absolutely ridiculous and I find it very difficult to believe you cannot replicate the problem when it happens every. single. time. you view a different tab in the Chrome browser.

• Beth Zielinski
    Beth Zielinski Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (32-bit)

^ This is my version
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Beth,
    For the sake of transparency and so that you know I'm being above board to my earlier claim of not being able to replicate this, I've just logged into Hosted and taken this capture which shows successful switching between several tabs, coming back to Hosted, going to an external website on a new tab and coming back to Hosted without any disconnections.

• Carol Emerton
    edited July 2018
    I am still having issues with this Rav. 
    This morning (working on a Windows computer today) I have been thrown out twice & both times it has appeared to boot me out completely, but when I enter my password to go back in it tells me I am already logged in so I have to force it to log me off & start again.  It isn't doing it every time I move to & from another tab, but it started playing up at around 9.00am QLD time (okay from 5.00am until then).  This is all very random, but extremely frustrating & making me a lot less productive than usual, so I hope you find out what the issue is soon.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi all,
    Just been chatting with our Support Manager about this as he's come across a Chrome browser setting which *might* be a potential cause to what you're experiencing, particularly since a common trend has been that you're going to another tab and then receiving this error. 
    I say *might* above because we can't make any promises that this is actually the cause of the problem and we still cannot replicate this behaviour. Nonetheless, its worth taking a look at in the very least. 

There's a setting in Chrome which allows tabs to get automatically discarded from memory when the system memory is low. Discarded tabs are still visible on the tab strip at the top but the key difference is, they get reloaded/refreshed when clicked on.

You cannot refresh the page when in Hosted as its a live environment and will result in an error.

Copy and paste this into the address bar in your Chrome browser: 
    chrome://flags/#automatic-tab-discarding

Disable this feature and relaunch the browser as prompted. 

Go into Reckon Accounts Hosted, and see if the problem is solved or persists. 

Please be aware since this is a Chrome browser setting and not unique to Reckon Accounts Hosted, any changes made here will affect the browser itself ie. all websites.

• Daniela Cea
    edited July 2018
    DONE!  let's see how we go!
    Thanks Rav :)