I have received Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different

Glenda Hannah
Glenda Hannah Member Posts: 5
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
help please, I have received this message when trying to add business to Gov Connect. "Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch". Is there a way to unregister ABN?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    I had the same problem when I started and I didn’t do anything but Reckon must have after my message because the next thing it worked
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    Hi Glenda,
    Can I grab the ABN you're trying to register in GovConnect please and I'll take a look.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Glenda Hannah
    edited September 2019
    HI Rav

The ABN is 75286350255.

thank you 

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Glenda,
    I've had a look and I can see this ABN was registered to GovConnect last week. Its under an email address different to the one that this Reckon Community account is under. 

There's two things to check here; the first is if the ABN you've listed above is correct and secondly, if it is correct then to login to the Reckon Portal with the correct email address that was used when it was first registered.
    We've found that usually there has been someone else in the business that has registered the ABN to get a headstart on STP.

Either way, let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Glenda Hannah
    edited September 2019
    Thanks, ABN is correct. I need the original email of ttwlau@yahoo.com.au revoked if possible as I cannot log in with those details
  • Vicki Williams-Haynes
    Vicki Williams-Haynes Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2019
    Hi Rav, are you please able to help me too.  My ABN is 83 160 684 838.  Thanks so much.  Vicki
  • Rav
    edited October 2019
    Hi Vicki,
    I've cleared off the error affecting the registration of your ABN. Head back into GovConnect and add your ABN and it will go through fine.

• Danny Chan
    Danny Chan Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019

Hi Rav,

I have the exact problem. I have previously registered ABN 49615780227 ( GARY FUNG) under email address dchan@marketaust.com. Now when I try to register the same ABN in Reckon One under the email address achan@marketaust.com. it comes up with the same error message.

Can you help revoking the ABN registration under the first email address?

Thanks.

• Rav
    edited October 2019
    Hi Gary,
    There are a couple of things I need to go over here.
    I can see that the ABN 49615780227 has been registered already with Branch number 2 and there have been more than a few submissions already sent for it.
    What are the circumstances around this? Do you have a branch number 2 in reality for your ABN? If not, why have submissions been sent for it?

• joseph_10271921
    joseph_10271921 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2019
    please help me too. ABN: 50801385845. thank you.
  • Rav
    edited October 2019
    You should be ok now Joseph. Go ahead & register your ABN in GovConnect again and it should go through this time around.

• Maurice_9723435
    Maurice_9723435 Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2019
    Hi Rav, please help mine as well

It said that ABN has already been registered.

• Rav
    edited October 2019
    Hi Maurice,
    I've cleared the error that was affecting the registration of your ABN however I notice that there is a separate registration of it under branch number 2. 
    Do you have this branch number in reality? If not, then I'd strongly recommend that you do NOT use it for submissions or it will lead to further headaches down the line.

There haven't been any submissions sent yet so do you want me to delete this registration as well?

• Maurice_9723435
    edited October 2019
    Hi Rav,

Yes please delete the branch number 2
  • Rav
    edited October 2019
    Branch 2 has been deleted now for you as well.

• Maurice_9723435
    edited October 2019
    Hi Rav,

When I tried to register for another business. It said that my ABN been used.
    Could you please check?

ABN 40525940644

Thanks!
  • Maurice_9723435
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav,

When I tried to register for another business. It said that my ABN been used.
    Could you please check?

ABN 40525940644

Thanks!
  • Rav
    edited October 2019
    Hi Maurice,
    Can you please double check that ABN. When I search it on the Australian Business Register it shows as invalid.

• Maurice_9723435
    edited October 2019
    61113515469 try this Rav

Thanks

• Rav
    edited October 2019
    Cool thanks for that. Try registering it again now and it should be fine.

• Peter_10324841
    Peter_10324841 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2019
    Hi Rav, I am having the same issue too.

Could you please look have a look into my ABN 21 983 371 288.

I couldn't seem to connect branch 001 but have added branches 002-005 which I now want to delete.
  • Gina McDermott
    Gina McDermott Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav,

I have the same issue.

My ABN is 22 092 106 520.

Branch number is 001.

thanks 

Gina
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Hi Gina,
    This should be sorted for you now. Try registering it again in GovConnect now.

• Gina McDermott
    Gina McDermott Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Rav, all good.
  • Kylie Gibson
    Kylie Gibson Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2020
    I am having the same problem - Every step of the way has been a headache! ABN is 25146335293
  • Rav
    edited April 2020
    Kylie,
    There's no error associated with this ABN like the others in this thread.
    For this ABN, it was already registered into GovConnect back in July 2019. You just need to ensure you're logging in with the same account that was used when it was first created ie. email address & password. 

There haven't been any submissions sent so I can delete it if you want so you can register it into whichever account you are logged into currently. Let me know.

• Kylie Gibson
    edited April 2020
    Yes, Please delete everything relating to this ABN and i will re-register 
  • Kylie Gibson
    edited May 2020
    I have called and spoken to someone, they said they would fix the problem, I also requested via this support page to remove all logins under that ABN, and NOTHING has been done. This is infuriating!!! 
  • bridgette
    bridgette Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020
    Hi Rav, can you help me too please?  My ABN is 70 969 154 383.   I was previously using your STP app but now want to go directly from Recon accounts desktop (I have registered it with ATO so are unable to go back to the STP app now. It is coming up with the same error. Thanks so much.  Bridgette.
  • Rav
    edited July 2020
    Hi Bridgette,
    I've had a look at your ABN and there aren't any errors showing for it like some of the others in this post.
    Instead, it shows that its been registered correctly in the GovConnect service roughly 3 weeks ago. The email address for the account its under is the same email address for your STP app account, please ensure you login to the Reckon Portal HERE with the same login credentials and you'll see the STP entity in GovConnect.

• bridgette
    bridgette Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020
    I went back in using same details (but your link) - first and it worked! thankyou Rav!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Member Posts: 4

Hi

I have the same issue as i have already mistakenly registered into the wrong product:

Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch.

Can I please get some help?

ABN: 71097131229

Thank you in advance.

• Rav

Hi @Alyssa

Just checking if you still need help with this one?

I've had a look at your ABN in our system and it shows that it was setup in GovConnect yesterday. Which product were you looking to register the ABN into/under?

• Alyssa

Hi Rav

Yes, please help. I only need the Payroll for STP under the email: alyssaleong5@gmail.com

I opened the wrong account and now deactivate it under lintradinginvestm@gmail.com

Yes, wrongly set up for Govconnect yesterday. Please delete this.

Thank you for your help.

• Rav

Right ok, thanks for confirming @Alyssa. Since there were no submissions sent, I've deleted the ABN registration from the current account its under.

You can now register the ABN into the new account. Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

• Alyssa

Thanks Rav.

It's working now!

This discussion has been closed.