GATEWAY: FAILED AUTHENTICATING USER TOKEN

2»

Comments

• Carol EmertonCarol Emerton Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    I found it, not under 'Settings' but under 'Help' which takes you to settings & advises the details though you cannot see it if you just go to settings (makes not sense, but hey):
    Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Capricorn StagesCapricorn Stages Member Posts: 19
    edited September 2019
    Hi Rav
    we are using 
    Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have switched to firefox and it is so much more stable. The only thing is that there is the pop up for the clipboard which is annoying.
  • Kerrie HKerrie H Member Posts: 139
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav,
    Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit).  I haven't had any errors today, but will keep a log in future and maybe a screen shot of what tabs I have open at the time, if that helps.
  • Kerrie HKerrie H Member Posts: 139
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav,

I have just got the gateway failed error and think it is because I have been doing other things for the last half and hour and left it idol.
  • Beth ZielinskiBeth Zielinski Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2018
    Is there any resolution to this? It is absolutely ridiculous and I find it very difficult to believe you cannot replicate the problem when it happens every. single. time. you view a different tab in the Chrome browser.

• Beth ZielinskiBeth Zielinski Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2018
    Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (32-bit)

^ This is my version
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,785 Administrator
    edited July 2018
    Beth,
    For the sake of transparency and so that you know I'm being above board to my earlier claim of not being able to replicate this, I've just logged into Hosted and taken this capture which shows successful switching between several tabs, coming back to Hosted, going to an external website on a new tab and coming back to Hosted without any disconnections.
  • Carol EmertonCarol Emerton Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    I am still having issues with this Rav. 
    This morning (working on a Windows computer today) I have been thrown out twice & both times it has appeared to boot me out completely, but when I enter my password to go back in it tells me I am already logged in so I have to force it to log me off & start again.  It isn't doing it every time I move to & from another tab, but it started playing up at around 9.00am QLD time (okay from 5.00am until then).  This is all very random, but extremely frustrating & making me a lot less productive than usual, so I hope you find out what the issue is soon.
    edited July 2018
    Hi all,
    Just been chatting with our Support Manager about this as he's come across a Chrome browser setting which *might* be a potential cause to what you're experiencing, particularly since a common trend has been that you're going to another tab and then receiving this error. 
    I say *might* above because we can't make any promises that this is actually the cause of the problem and we still cannot replicate this behaviour. Nonetheless, its worth taking a look at in the very least. 

There's a setting in Chrome which allows tabs to get automatically discarded from memory when the system memory is low. Discarded tabs are still visible on the tab strip at the top but the key difference is, they get reloaded/refreshed when clicked on.

You cannot refresh the page when in Hosted as its a live environment and will result in an error.

Copy and paste this into the address bar in your Chrome browser: 
    chrome://flags/#automatic-tab-discarding

Disable this feature and relaunch the browser as prompted. 

Go into Reckon Accounts Hosted, and see if the problem is solved or persists. 

Please be aware since this is a Chrome browser setting and not unique to Reckon Accounts Hosted, any changes made here will affect the browser itself ie. all websites.
  • Daniela CeaDaniela Cea Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2018
    DONE!  let's see how we go!
    Thanks Rav :)
    edited July 2018
    Hi Daniela,
    Just curious, have you noticed any improvement (or not) since making this setting change?
  • SUE GREENSUE GREEN Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2018
    fingers crossed - but have not had ANY problems since making the change
  • Daniela CeaDaniela Cea Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav! Since I changed the settings I’ve had any problems!!! :)
  • KarenKaren Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2019
    I have exactly the same problem.  I leave Reckon for a few minutes, then come back, and I get the 'Gateway" error message.  It's very frustrating.  I am on a Mac using Firefox

• estelaestela Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2019
    Hi,
    I have been having the same issue as these people, for the last 2 months now.  It is literally kicking me out every 5 minutes when I am in quickbooks hosted.  How do I fix this as I simply can;t work like this.

Thanks
    Estela
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 554 ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    What anti-virus program are you using Estela?  I had a client a couple of weeks ago and we had to allow the server site on their anti-virus program.
    Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • NarellePatersonNarellePaterson Member Posts: 61
    edited August 2019
    I am having this problem  Gatewat: Failed... I am on Windows 10 / Chrome mine seems to happen when Reckon Hosted is left onscreen with no activity  It does not seem to just be opening other tabs that is the problem. I have only been using Hosted since July but this is annoying as I often have it up while attend to other work. Would the "fix" Rav mentioned above disabling a chrome feature work for this problem don't want to change anything if it's not going to help.

• GlendaGlenda Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2019
    I am having these issues too, for the 2 weeks. It's happened 4 times today so far. I am using chrome.