STP Error Code - Product Key is Invalid

Options
Reliance1
Reliance1 Member Posts: 4

Just spoke to a technician, and had trouble understanding him :( Had problems on STP lodgement.

He talked me through the Reckon.Portal (or portal.reckon.com) and coping the STP saved file and lodging not through Data file. This didn't work and same Error.

How can I fix this? In plain English Please :)))

I haven't lodged the STP for 2 weeks, and no problems prior to this.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

First of all are you able to login to the portal.reckon.com website?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Go to employees - process single touch payroll

select all - export and save. Take note of where the file is being saved

the Reckon portal should open, sign in

click on Gov Connect - top left - send code - enter code - open

click on upload - new pay run - confirm

navigate to where the file was saved, usually it means clicking on Dropdown arrow and looking in Q Drive. If you don’t see the file sort by date and it will be the file up the top

it will put it in the portal window, check amount and hit submit

• Kris_Williams
    Options

If that doesn’t work, download the file that was saved in the q drive to your computer, by clicking on the down arrow on the floating red toolbar, then login to portal.reckon.com, and repeat above process

click on Gov Connect - top left - send code - enter code - open

click on upload - new pay run - confirm

navigate to where the file was saved, usually it means clicking on Dropdown arrow and looking in Q Drive. If you don’t see the file sort by date and it will be the file up the top

it will put it in the portal window, check amount and hit submit

• Reliance1
    Options

Thank you Kris for your prompt reply.

Yes I have done all that you mentioned above, and have been lodging for over 12 mths with no problems lodging direct from the data file..

Yes I can log into the portal.reckon.com website and have copies the saved STP file onto my computer, to upload through the portal.reckon.com, but the same thing. Go through the whole process, new payrun, sign my name etc then wont upload and gives a message which I have attached for your perusal.

I have checked the Company file and Employee's so no spaces in mobile numbers. Verified Data and rebuild data....

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Well you too have certainly gone to some trouble to explain your issue, and you clearly know what you are doing. I do hope Rav will be able to help you with this because I have nothing to add, except to maybe try logging into the portal from a different browser, but it’s just a stab in the dark. I will be keen to read the solution in case that same problem occurs down the track for any one of us.

I just had a thought about your anti virus or internet security software, have you tried turning that off and attempt lodgement just in case an update has caused an issue! another stab in the dark.

Help Rav!!

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Reliance1

As Kris mentioned you're going through the right process which is really good. Its strange that it was working correctly and now its not, have there been any changes that you can recall around that time? Such as a new employee being added or any company details being updated etc?

I've had a look at some of the historical cases we've received of this error message and its come down to a minor detail in an employee profile. For example, the most recent cases have been because an email address was listed as .co rather than .com. I know you've mentioned that you've checked the employee names & mobile numbers, but when you have a chance can you please do the same for the addresses and email addresses, play close attention to any special characters like brackets, apostrophes etc and also the State listed for an employee.

One other thing, please check out the 'Company Information' section and just ensure all the details listed are correct and up to date.

Failing that, I'll need you to give our Hosted support team a buzz so we can get your .json file and run it through a validator just to check if anything pops up there.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Reliance1
    Options

Thank you Rav and Kris,

There has been no changes to employees, as there are just two (owners).

I have tried Lodgement in Roselake Office, and my Home Office with the same result.

I am a Book Keeper and have other clients using Reckon Hosted with no problems. My next visit to Roselake Office is next Thursday, so I will call Reckon Hosted Support and ask them to validate the .json file.

Many thanks :)