Reckon Hosted vs Reckon One vs Xero

Leisha S
Leisha S Member Posts: 49 ✭✭

Hi All,

Thoughts on anyone who's moved from Hosted to Reckon One - good, bad & the ugly please. Also, dare I ask, if Xero is an option? Wanting more reliability, functionality, etc. Accountant pushing us towards Xero, but feedback on our trade, not so sure. We're in metal fabrication & structural steel.

Thanks heaps :)

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Leisha S

I guess a good place to start is to ask about your requirements. What sort of things do you need to do and/or want out of your accounting software?

Reckon Accounts Hosted is our full featured cloud accounting software and its a powerhouse in terms of functionality and reporting. Its more advanced and its features cover a broad spectrum for small to enterprise level accounting software requirements.

Reckon One is the newer kid on the block and its a cloud service built on newer technology and is super affordable, along with being customisable in terms of features through the addition of modules. While its not as rich as Hosted in terms of functionality for larger businesses, its an awesome solution for small business and is continually evolving.

Each software has its own way of doing things, and there is a significant difference between the interface of Hosted and Reckon One. On that note, if you're a current Hosted user my recommendation to you would be to give Reckon One a free 30 day trial and give it a test drive. See if you like what it has to offer and more importantly caters to your requirements.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leisha S
    Leisha S Member Posts: 49 ✭✭

Thanks heaps Zappy & Rav! Think I'm getting a bum steer with the Xero thing. Fees won't go down, I'm positive of that!! Not very computer savvy, but maybe we're not using Hosted to the best of its ability?? We're only a very small business, while wanting to be cost effective, I'm wanting LESS work for a bookkeeping POV & hubby's wanting to streamline his job cards/timesheets/invoicing. Christ, I'm still manually entering credit card info! I've been lead (not on this community), that Reckon One is the better option of the 2 Reckon products, but obviously not?

I'll do some more homework/reading & work out what I actually 'think' we're needing, before I give you a call Zappy/Kevin. REALLY appreciate your offer AND the honesty - that's what we're needing!