Difference between Reckon Premier and Enterprise

Rosie
Rosie Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could fill me on the difference between Premier and Enterprise other than the multi-company reporting. I am lookiong to see if it would be of benefit to upgrade.

Thanks in advance, Rosie

Comments

• Toni Jamieson
    Toni Jamieson Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2015
    Hi Rosie
    One of the big points for us is the user security - you have the opportunity to be able to lock down users roles and permissions so much more than premier.
    If you were going to consider Enterprise then I would also consider Hosted as that is Enterprise as well and there are additional benefits to that also.

Good luck!
  • Toni Jamieson
    edited March 2015
    And also if your company file is out growing Premier then you may find it faster on Enterprise.  You could always contact your accountant to sort out an Enterprise Trial so you could load a file on there and see how it goes.
  • Toni Jamieson
    edited March 2015
    You could just take a copy of your company file to trial, don't do it on your live file :)
  • TrevorWatson
    TrevorWatson Member Posts: 9

What are the other differences between Premier and Enterprise?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Reckon Enterprise is the same as Reckon Hosted, which you probably know is online. If you buy Reckon Hosted you automatically get a copy of Enterprise, and the advantage of Hosted is that you can access it from any computer. I can’t compare Enterprise with Premier as I don’t use it, so can only spruik the advantage of Enterprise (Hosted)

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Got that, but Hosted is Enterprise and was just throwing the advantage into the mix. If Trevor already knows that or it is not helpful, he can discard my input

• Kris_Williams

I guess he knows that as his question was about Enterprise, of course many variables come into play

• Ageoftaxation
    Ageoftaxation Reckon Staff Posts: 16 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2022

Hi,

I have included links which have chart as well, you can compare.

Premier https://www.reckon.com/au/reckon-accounts/premier/

Enterprise https://www.reckon.com/au/reckon-accounts/enterprise/

Hosted ( Enterprise Online) https://www.reckon.com/au/accounts-hosted/ ( This one support up to 200 users/licenses)

List limitation https://help.reckon.com/article/y74ufylnuf-kba-258-limitations-in-quick-books-qbi-series-200809-and-later ( Old article but will give basic idea about one of the Enterprise's benefit )

Enterprise is for big companies ( Support up to 30 users/licenses) or if there are just 3 users, 4 users or 7 users etc. If you have premier you have option to purchase either a '2 user' or '5 user' license.

• Ageoftaxation
    Ageoftaxation Reckon Staff Posts: 16 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2022

All of them are Reckon's product. Enterprise can also be used by single user based on kind of usage.

@Zappy, What do you mean by reference sites ? (Enterprise https://www.reckon.com/au/reckon-accounts/enterprise/)

• TrevorWatson

Thanks Ageoftaxation but the 2 lists of features are virtually identical - premier is multi-user & enterprise is powerful multi-user. Enterprise has multi company reporting. Other than those 2 details the the list of features are identical.

Thanks for the list of limitations - Enterprise can handle more.

With regard to the multi company reporting does that mean you have multiple companies in the one company file, or just that for reporting purposes enterprise can access multiple company files simultaneously?

With enterprise being powerful multi-user does that mean you don't have to swap to single user mode to do eg inventory changes?

• TrevorWatson

Cheers Kris, thanks I knew Hosted was Enterprise, I wasn't aware that you also got a copy of Enterprise, how does that work, is it only your company file that is stored online?

I originally started in 2012 with a trial version of Hosted but that was back when it was the Citrix version and it was laggy, when I rang support to ask if it was always like that they said yes it was only suitable for trial purposes and that Desktop was the preferred way to go.

• TrevorWatson

That was the first place I looked - the pages are virtually identical - therefore next to useless for comparison purposes.

• TrevorWatson

This has got nothing to do with the differences between Premier and Enterprise.

• Alex_10836088
    Alex_10836088 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭

I can't see from any of the 'comparison' websites whether licenses are named or concurrent in Enterprise and Hosted ? Can anyone confirm please ?

• Kris_Williams

Trevor the copy of Enterprise is just for backup purposes or if you knew your internet was going to be down for a while you could backup your file, download from Online and restore into the desktop version. Or you could use the desktop version as the main one and upload to Hosted if you were going to be away from your home PC for a length of time, you could then access the file from a laptop, iPad or another computer.

• Kris_Williams

Enterprise copy is exactly the same as Hosted, pretty sure you can install on a server but I have only ever installed to desktop as a stand alone. Have downloaded hosted files to do rebuilds on desktop and then uploaded back to Hosted, or to use someone's file to troubleshoot without interfering with their daily use

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@TrevorWatson

With regard to the multi company reporting does that mean you have multiple companies in the one company file, or just that for reporting purposes enterprise can access multiple company files simultaneously?

Each company file is one company. Multi-company reporting refers to the ability to create selected reports from a combination of multiple company files.

With enterprise being powerful multi-user does that mean you don't have to swap to single user mode to do eg inventory changes?

The Multi-user functionality is the same in the sense that it allows multiple users to work on the file. Where Enterprise is different however is that it provides the admin a lot more flexibility/access to give much more granular levels of access to users.

I wasn't aware that you also got a copy of Enterprise, how does that work, is it only your company file that is stored online?

Reckon Accounts Hosted customers are eligible to a single user edition of Reckon Accounts Enterprise for as long as their Hosted subscription is active. This will allow you to download your company file from Hosted and open it in Enterprise to work on it offline/separately from Hosted.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• TrevorWatson
  • TrevorWatson

Thanks Kris, thanks for taking the time to post a relevant answer.

• TrevorWatson

Since no one has been able to provide a definitive list of the differences between Premier and Enterprise - I've started a trial of hosted and will report the differences I can see.

After 15 minutes playing with Enterprise it would seem that it's not necessary to switch from Multi-user mode to single user mode (eg when adjusting Inventory).

Enterprise has a Sales Order Fulfillment Sheet - with Pick Lists and Packing Slips - useful if you are in distribution.

Enterprise has a Current Availability Screen - giving you details of Inventory on hand, on sales order, on purchase order - with the ability to look at those transactions individually.

I'll have a play with it later and see what else I can find.

• TrevorWatson

Zappy you're contributing nothing positive to this thread. Take it somewhere else mate