Editing employees - Something went wrong

System
System Member Posts: 231 Moderator Moderator
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't edit employee.

Comments

• faigey
    faigey Member Posts: 37

I am still having similar problems when trying to edit a payrun on the app using iPhone and iPad .

This has only been occurring since updating from basic to the premium payroll app.

the only way I can edit a pay run is by processing it on the website using my Mac

• faigey

All seems ok when pay run is processed on line via my Apple Mac . A pencil icon, adjacent the draft pay run appears, which if I hit facilitates editing of pay amount, super, tax , employee name etc etc .

However, for the Reckon Payroll App which I have on my IPhone and on my IPad, I still cannot find a way to edit or modify pay run details. As I have indicated at another discussion, for each of these devices - If I try to edit a new pay run -The system simply states "Something went wrong" Log out and log in again. In both cases a pencil icon does not appear as on the website? And in each of these devices hitting the edit icon appears to only allow editing of the payment date and employees name .

In the basic app version, I recall being able to edit all of these items?? 

Are the updated apps designed to do this?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @faigey

To edit a pay run on the mobile app, switch it to draft status and then tap on the respective employee in the pay run who you'd like to edit the balances for.

I'll add a link below to a how-to video however its from last year and the app has been through a multitude of updates since then so it will visually look a little different.

With that said, in regard to the 'Something went wrong' error message, when is that appearing? ie. what menu option or prompt are you tapping on immediately prior to it appearing?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• faigey

Hi Rav

I have been attempting to create a new pay run and then edit or enter the details into that pay run on both an apple iphone and apple ipad pro. I have made up a pay run for 19th May for period 02/05 to 31/05/23 and redacted the name.

Below are images to try and illustrate that which is happening.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks so much for this detail @faigey, its exactly what I needed.

Am I safe to assume this is occurring each and every time you attempt to create this pay run and/or edit an existing pay run?

Are you on the latest version of the Payroll App on your Apple devices? The current version is 6.2.1

Also, I'm fairly certain it is but I just want to confirm.. is the email address for your Payroll App account the same email address that your Reckon Community account has been registered under?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• faigey

Hi Rav,

Yes, indeed it occurs every time I try to create and then edit the new pay run or edit an existing pay run.

But as I indicated - I can get around it by editing only on the web using the internet version.

All of my Apple devices are on the current version 6.2.1

No - the email address of my registered reckon payroll account differs from the email address account I use for the Reckon Community account. Do you think this is a factor?

Thanks

• Rav

Thanks for getting back to me @faigey

No - the email address of my registered reckon payroll account differs from the email address account I use for the Reckon Community account. Do you think this is a factor?

No its not factor, sorry the reason I asked that was I just wanted to track down your account so I can raise this with our app development team.

Can I get you to shoot me the ABN and email address you've registered to your Payroll App account in a Private Message and I'll start putting this together.

Cheers