Unable to access Payroll

Options
Michelle Fendt
Michelle Fendt Member Posts: 17 ✭

Hi @Rav ,

I've updated the company email address in Reckon Payroll and the Reckon One book and now I cannot access Reckon Payroll. It is asking me to create a new book. Can youplease look into this for me?

The book name is Way Out Bush Store and I use the same email address as this one to log in.

Thank you,

Michelle

Comments

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 133 Reckon Staff
    edited April 24
    Options

Hi @Michelle Fendt,

Can you please provide the email address you use to login in a private message? I can look into this issue for you and see what I can do!

Thank you and speak soon.

Cheers,

Lucas

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Michelle Fendt

I can see that your account is under a user name so when you're logging in to Reckon Payroll please ensure you're using your user name rather than an email address.

If you're unsure of what your user name is, shoot me a PM and I'll be able to provide it.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michelle Fendt
    edited April 24
    Options

Thank you @Lucas & @Rav ,

I am using my user name when logging into Portal. When I go to access the payroll book it asks me to log in again and I use my user name then get the create a company screen.

Thanks,

Michelle

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 24
    Options

Ok can you do me a favour and logout (if you're still in) and head over to Reckon Payroll directly at https://payroll.reckon.com/ and sign in with your user name and password (don't enter your email address), just your user name and password.
    Is it doing the same as above?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 133 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @Michelle Fendt,

What happens if you login using your email address for the Payroll book?

Does it allow you to login or does something else happen?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Lucas

• Michelle Fendt
    Options

Hi @Rav ,

Yes, it still does the same thing.

Hi @Lucas ,

It tells me I have the incorrect username and password.

Thank you both,

Michelle

• Rav
    Options

That sounds strange @Michelle Fendt

Lets just rewind a little bit, can you let me know where specifically you updated the company email address in Reckon Payroll and Reckon One that you've mentioned in the opening post.

Was it in Settings ➡ī¸ Company Details in Reckon Payroll? (Example below)

Or did you change the actual login email address to your account in the Reckon Portal? (Example below)

The reason I'm asking is, from what you've described it almost sounds like its a brand new account that you're signing into rather than your existing one. When I look at your account on our end, I can see your Reckon Payroll and Reckon One book still active under the account registered under your user name for the login (not email address).

• Michelle Fendt
    Options

Hi Rav,

I updated it in the Reckon Payroll info you have given the example of. It has been updated months ago in my profile on the portal.

I am getting the prompt to log into payroll when following the link from inside the Reckon book it is connected which is unusual as normally it takes me directly to payroll

• Rav
    Options

I've just sent through an access request to your book, can you please grant access when you have a moment so I can take a closer look.
    The access request will come through to your email address separately 🙂

• Michelle Fendt
    Options

Thank you Rav, I've just allowed access.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks @Michelle Fendt

I think I've got this sorted for you now but can you please give it a go when you've got a chance and let me know.

Can you recall if there were any changes/removal of the branch number when you changed the email address previously?

• Michelle Fendt
    Options

Hi Rav,

It wroking, thank you! Yes, now you mention it when I changed the email address it wouldn't let me save, flagging that the branch was incorrect. I think it had "1" and I removed it then it saved happily.

Michelle

• Rav
    Options

Awesome glad it's working and yes that sounds right, removing the branch broke the link between the Reckon One book and Reckon Payroll which is now restored.

A bit odd that it was prompting the branch was incorrect though 🤔. I'll need to keep an eye on that.

• Michelle Fendt
    Options

I'm glad it was a simple fix in the end 🙂

Thanks Rav!