Share prices not updating

As requested, here is what is happening.

When I attempt to download quotes the little blue circle rotates, and about 20 seconds later the same past info is still showing. There is no error message.

Also when I enter a transaction into a bank account with the date it occurred, the program cancels that date and inserts the current date. This can be corrected by re-entering the old date after the transaction with current date has been entered.

Both of these happened for no reason. I reloaded the program (which is still 2022 even though it's now 2024) but that made no difference.

Whilst I'm sure Mr. Winter is excellent I really object to having to pay to fix a program when I pay Reckon annually for it, and I am warned against giving my details to strangers. If there is a problem with the program I would expect Reckon to support it.

Otherwise, what am I paying for each year?

Comments

• Alexis McKeown
    Alexis McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 368 Reckon Staff

Dear @Rob Chapman ,

Can you tell me what kind of stock or security you're attempting to retrieve data for?

It's possible that, if it's a ASX or NSX stock, it has not yet reached the update period (handled at the end of day each day).

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• Rob Chapman
    Rob Chapman Member Posts: 22 Reckoner Reckoner

ASX, but it has not been updating for several days. Thank you.

• Alexis McKeown

Dear @Rob Chapman ,

What stock/ticker is it?

How is it being reported in the Watch List?

I'll do some testing on my end and see if I get a similar result.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

It is a shame that you didnt trust me to look at your file to see what can be done to fix your problem.

Maybe next time.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rob Chapman

Thanks, Alexander!

There are many shares. Having just checked 3 of them against historical data all are stuck on the 18 June value, so this will probably be the same for them all!

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

There is a fix to this problem

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Alexis McKeown

Dear @Rob Chapman ,

Do let me know the ticker codes - I was able to attain data recently.

@GerryWinter we're always happy to have your wisdom when it comes to Reckon Accounts Personal - if you know of a fix, we'd be happy to hear it.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Rob Chapman

Hi, Alexis, The following are stuck on 18 June price. BKW $27.03, BHP $42.80, RIO $119.26 and WDS $26.94. I have many more, all stuck on 18 June price. These were checked on Yahoo ASX historical data.

Having paid $190 to renew my licence with Reckon,(which really only gives share updates that are of use to me as the rest of the program remains for accounts, etc) it frustrates me that I cannot find any help in troubleshooting this problem. I have spoken to Mr Winter who I'm sure is excellent but I really object to having to pay more to someone else to fix a program when I pay Reckon annually for it. Also, I am warned against opening up my personal details to unknown people.

If there is a problem with the program I would expect Reckon to support it.

If this can be fixed without having to open my books (i.e. over the phone) I may yet have to look at this option if there is nothing else.

Thank you, Alexis

• GerryWinter

There is no problem with the Reckon program it is usually in the data file itself.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Rob Chapman

So how does one fix problems in a data file, please, Alexis?

• GerryWinter

I hope you have solved your issues, let us know what the problem was.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"