Unfreeze screen

Options
Jackie Smith
Jackie Smith Member Posts: 1
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
How do I unfreeze my screen.  I started to email payslips then realized the selection was wrong, so I clicked the stop button on the send and now I cannot do anything.  Please help

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Jackie, are you able to close the browser window at all?

If not, try accessing your task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and closing the program from there then restart it.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sara - Balancing Numbers
    Sara - Balancing Numbers Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Here's what I do, and it works almost every time.  Click the refresh or reload button.  When it asks if you want to reload this page, click NO.  It seems to kick the page back into action.
  • Sheree Clark
    Sheree Clark Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm having the exact same problem and can't get back into the file without it diverting to the 'sending 3 of 14 forms' and I've tried restarting, the above suggestions etc - has anything else worked for you?  I really need to finish these pays asap!  It just seems stuck and won't let me click on anything!
  • Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Jackie,

Are you using Reckon Accounts Hosted (Online)?

If you are try this to resolve the issue: Alt+Page Down (press them together) and hopefully the screen reappears back from the background.

If this does not work you can log into your Control Panel and find the option to Log Off Remote session and log yourself out. The next time you go back in it should refresh and give you a new session to work in.

Kind regards,
    Alex
  • Sheree Clark
    Sheree Clark Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2015
    Options

Thanks Alex!  It is working now - thank goodness!  Pays have all been processed :)

Many thanks,

Sheree

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi all,

Just letting you know that being on Reckon Account Hosted (Online) means that you get free technical support and you can call our call centre on 1300 799 150 for faster support otherwise log into our Members area at http://members.reckon.com.au/ to do Online Chat with a live technician.

Kind regards,
    Alex

• HTaylor
    HTaylor Member Posts: 4
    Options

I'm in same predicament. I've used all the suggested tricks above but every time I log off then back on again it just takes me straight back to the frozen screen. I need other help/suggestions as I need to process pay today.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @HTaylor

The usual reason this occurs is there may be a window or prompt that has opened up in the background awaiting action and due to that its giving the impression that the software has become non-responsive.

To bring any windows that are open in the background into the foreground, press Alt and Page Up (not the arrow pointing up but the key that says Page Up). If that doesn't work try Alt and Page Down.

Alternatively, another option is to log off any and all active sessions that are listed in the Reckon Accounts Hosted control panel then logout again & close your browser. Once that is done, log back in and attempt to launch your file.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• HTaylor
    HTaylor Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thank you @Rav! The window was hiding and all fixed now. Cheers :-)