Recently updated to windows 10. Now unable to email invoices from Quickbooks 2012-13. Can somebody h

Options
Ken Dawson
Ken Dawson Member Posts: 2
edited March 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Comments

• Zari
    Zari Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I also updated to windows 10, but I have Reckon Small Business Edition 2015, I did a recommended update/upgrade, when I opened the programme. So I did that, and have had no end of trouble. I rang reckon support and they told me the programme would not work with windows 10 - the upgrade that they recommended to do was not compatible with windows 10. So I had to uninstall and reinstall the old version. And ever since I have done this I have huge issues with the email side of the programme. I am to the point where I am considering changing programmes. As alot of clients are not receiving the attachments with or there is an attachment and it is unable to be opened or viewed. They are telling me it is an issue with the microsoft office. But find this very hard to believe as this was all working perfectly prior to doing their recommended upgrade!!! But I ave tried sending in HTML, Plain text and Rich text and any one does not work for everyone, and it is impossible to remember which way works for whom, and some clients it doesn't work in any format. They have virtually told me to deal with it as there is nothing that they can do. Well I am sorry, but when you are paying for this programme every year, it should work how it is supposed. And if there were issues with an upgrade, then it should never be released. I always open outlook as run as administrator. 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Ken,
    Are you recieving a particular error message when attempting to email?

Which email program are you using?

There is a thread here that may be helpful depending on your situation - 
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/how-to-email-invoices-from-quickbooks-plus-2012-13

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ken Dawson
    Ken Dawson Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Options
    message I receive is Error 20. 
    Microsoft outlook.
    I have tried numerous ways through quickbooks that I know of but nothing works.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Ken,

There are some further suggestions on our Windows 10 thread here which might be helpful, specifically around running the program with Administrator privileges -

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/windows-10-and-reckon-accounts-update 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Wayne_8750852
    Wayne_8750852 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Microsoft has forced users to Windows 10 by default (no Win 7 support)
    Reckon has failed to update older version of Quickbooks to work correctly with Windows 10.  I have tried all threads in this forum and still unable to Email or save PDF invoices in 2010-11 with windows 10.  
    Have now dusted off an older copy of MYOB (2011) loaded it under windows 10 and emails and PDF work perfectly. What a joke reckon support is on this matter.