How can I create an accountant copy?

Options
Aleksandra Stawiarz
Aleksandra Stawiarz Member Posts: 2
I can not select the create an accountant copy in quickbooks option, so how can I create an accountant copy? I have tried to create an accountant copy by logging in via my own login and via the administrator login, but the option is not available for selection in either. 

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Aleksandra.  The following are the instructions from the Help Menu, which specifically states that you have to be in both single user mode and using the Administrator login.  Are you saying that these instructions do not work.?   John L G

To do this task

1. Go to the File menu, click Accountant's Copy, and then click Create Accountant's Copy.

2. Go to the File menu, click Accountant's Copy, click Client Activities, and then click Create Accountant's Copy.

3. Click Next.

4. Enter a Dividing Date. The dividing date is the date that separates the part of your company you'll be able to work on from the part your accountant will work on.

5. Click Next.

6. (Optional) Change the filename that Reckon Accounts suggests for the accountant's copy. The file must have a .QBX extension.

7. (Optional) Change the suggested location for the file.

8. Click Save.

The Reckon Accounts application title bar now shows "Accountant's Changes Pending."

9. Give the .QBX file to your accountant.

10. Continue working with your company data.

What you can do while your accountant has the Accountant's Copy

See also

• Aleksandra Stawiarz
    Aleksandra Stawiarz Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I am unable to click the option while logged in as the admin AND in single user mode. The other options: import & cancel accountants copy, are available. 
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Aleksandra.  Is there perhaps a message showing somewhere that an Accountant's copy is already in existence?

This is not a function that I use so I cannot provide any further information.  Apart from that, there does not seem to have been a similar question raised in the past.  In the circumstances, I believe that your only option is to contact Reckon Support for their assistance.
    John L G
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Aleksandra,

Normally you would have available an option to "Created Accountant's Copy".

If the only options available to you are

"Import Accountant's Changes..."
    "Cancel Accountant's Changes..:"

Then it means that the data file you have opened has already had an Accountants Copy created from it.

You can confirm this if you see the "(Accountant's Changes Pending)" text in the application title bar
    Regards
    Reckon Data Recovery Team