Payment allocation not the amount I am allocating - system increases the amount!!!

Wendi
Wendi Member Posts: 14
I am trying to allocate two payments to one invoice balance of the invoice being 2926.79, I receive the first payment of 1964.15, it shows that 1964.15 has been allocated. Yet when I inquire on the invoice it shows that 1971.88 has been allocated. Yet the outstanding amount on the account shows as 962.64, which is the second payment, BUT the amount remaining against the invoice is only 954.91!! how can this be???

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    You can check all payments and credits against an invoice by opening the invoice then Ctl H to see all that applied.
    See if this helps.
  • Wendi
    edited September 2016
    It is showing the correct information in the bank but not against the invoice(???) sorry I don't know how I can attach a word doc to show the screen prints!
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    I would delete the original payment and then re-enter it.  Or maybe delete the invoice and re-enter it if this doesn't help.
  • Wendi
    edited September 2016
    Unfortunately, I have done this many times as I couldn't believe my eyes, also got someone to check that I wasn't doing anything stupid!! (hopefully)
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Very strange indeed, and hard to say what is going on without being able to see the file.
    The difference is $7.73, is any item on your invoice of this amount? Maybe a corruption on an item. 

Have you tried to do a file rebuild? This might help. 
    If you still have the problem, then void the invoice and do a whole new invoice with a new payment.

• Wendi
    edited September 2016
    The customer does have credits, but I don't want to allocate them the credit amount is 97.30 I am not asking to allocate the credit. still the payment of 1964.15 and still displays as applied 1971.88....???? I had deleted all the payments and the invoice and still have the same problem....
  • Wendi
    edited July 2019
    It also states that there is an underpayment of 962.64, which is correct, yet when I come to allocate the second payment it only has an amount of 954.91 due
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Wendi,

Please check the invoice and confirm whether you have any lines that have a negative amount.

If that line has an item that is associated with an expense account, which is then made negative then this may be contributing to the problem. 

The recommendation in this instance would be to remove the negative line from the invoice. Then create a "Credit Memo" transaction and place the line that had a negative (make the value positive). This would allow you to apply the credit memo against the invoice along with the payments.

We also recommend that you perform a file integrity check on your data file.
    How to Verify Data and Rebuild Data for a company data file in Accounts Business (Desktop)

If you need further assistance with this, we recommend that you undergo a troubleshooting session with one of our Technical Support Team members

Regards,
    Reckon Data Recovery Team
  • Wendi
    edited September 2016
    This was exactly what the problem was but have been advised that if I enter the values I want as being negative with an item that has a discount type this will also work. My problem now is to clear all the "credits" that the system has generated due to not being identified and rectified before me! Thank you everyone for your help
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Wendi,

Enjoy the long weekend.

We recommend not to use lines with negative values in the invoice and instead use the credit memo, instead of these negatively valued discount items.

Regards,
    Reckon Data Recovery Team
  • Rod Nugent
    Rod Nugent Member Posts: 22

I can confirm that this issue still happens. I had an invoice that wouldn't allocate $1.73 properly, removing the allocation on the payment also. The Credit Memo route fixed the issue.

The -ve quantity item is associated to a COGS account for Purchases and an Income account for Sales, Other Assets for Stock on Hand. Neither are Expense accounts as noted above.

You'd think after 5 years they could have fixed this.