Save as PDF default to Landscape

Luisa_9499479
Luisa_9499479 Member Posts: 5
edited February 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Since the new print functions (as below) in Reckon hosted, the save as PDF defaults in portrait mode. How do you change this default so that the document displays and saves in Landscape mode. We have  a large number of delivery dockets that we need to save as PDF these documents are then opened by a third party and they then copy information from this and paste this into a spreadsheet. Since the upgrade these now default and save in portrait and have to be spun before they can copy any information. Is there a way of saving this as a default. I have looked in the print options but cant seem to find anything that works. 

Saving to PDF In the previous Hosted environment there was an additional window displayed during the print process that allowed you to ‘Save as PDF’ rather than print. We now bypass this window and go straight to the print window which means the process for saving to PDF has changed. Once you’ve clicked Print, you can click the Change button to change the print destination to either ‘Save As PDF’ or ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2018
    Hi Luisa,
    Do the below steps assist in what you need to do?
    1. Customise the Template (either within Invoice or from List > Templates)
    2. Go to Additional Customisation > Print
    3. Tick 'Use specified Printer settings below for this Tax Invoice'
    4. Choose A4 from Paper Size and Landscape from the Orientation
    5. OK
    Update all your template(s) and this setting will be retained.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Luisa_9499479
    edited January 2018
    Dear Rav, 

Thanks for the above information, this is how the system is set up. If I do a print preview it appears correctly, so it is only when I save to PDF. image
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2018
    Hi Luisa,
    Can you advise what process you're following to save as PDF specifically?

We've just tested by both saving as PDF and emailing after having the setup above ie. landscape orientation and the document was saved and sent in landscape orientation.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Luisa_9499479
    edited January 2018
    Select Print from the invoice entry screen
    Then selecting Print from the above screen
    At that point I get a preview of the document that is showing in Portrait mode
    I then select change to Save as PDF, at this point I can rotate the image so that it is Landsdcape but the image saves in Portrait. 

• Luisa_9499479
    edited January 2018
    Hello,

Are there any solutions.....
    If I email a document straight from Reckon this appears correctly. 

It is only if I Save as PDF that the screen display is rotated.

Please advise....
This discussion has been closed.