When emailing invoices - Customers on mobiles are missing link "Pay Now"

Rick Billington
Rick Billington Member Posts: 3
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
Hi all,

new to reckon, and I'm having a repeated issue when I sent my customers their invoices via the email function in Reckon.

Down the bottom of the emails text body there is ;
"To view and pay your bill online : Pay invoice"

The problem is..if ANY customer opens the email on an Android mobile or tablet..the "Pay Invoice" is NOT a link...and is thus also not coloured blue.

Can any one help here?

2nd issue is I do not have a BCC section to include myself when I'm generating and sending invoices...but I've seen on the tutorials there is suppost to be the bcc section there?

Thanks!

Comments

• JuliaSanders
    JuliaSanders Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2019
    The BCC field is in the company preferences. Add your email address there in the default settings for invoices and it will automatically happen each time you send an invoice. Probably need to be logged on as the administrator to change the company preferences though.
  • Rick Billington
    Rick Billington Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    awesome! I'm the reckon administrator..where can I find these settings?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi Rick,
    You can enable the BCC function on certain forms by switching them on in your Email Settings.
    Settings > Email Settings

In regard to the payment link issue you've highlighted, can you let me know which payment service you have setup on your invoices?
    We're going to do some testing on our end for what you've described but can you give me an idea of how many recipients have reported this to you an/or if you have any additional details such as devices, mail app used, Android version etc?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited February 2019
    Rav

if you click on Ricks Pay Invoice hyper link in the original comment, on the computer it works fine but on my phone it comes up with an error.

Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Jesse Castle
    Jesse Castle Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2019
    I have just experienced the same issue as Rick today in Gmail. The link doesn't appear to be working. I checked the code and the link is there but doesn't appear to be recognised by Gmail.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi folks,
    Which payment service do you have activated in Reckon One? 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Gavin Suddrey
    Gavin Suddrey Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Sorry for posting on this, given that it is an old issue, but it still appears to be a problem.

The issue with the link is that the anchor tag for the Pay Now is being opened and closed just before the Pay Invoice Text. 

<a href="BLAH"; target="_blank" data-saferedirecturl="BLAH></a>Pay invoice

Which should be

<a href="BLAH"; target="_blank" data-saferedirecturl="BLAH>Pay invoice</a>

This is either an artefact of gmail "cleaning" links, or an issue with how the link is being generated by reckon.