Premier to Enterprise upgrade

Merridith Robinson
Merridith Robinson Member Posts: 5
Hi, we are upgrading from Premier to Enterprise - all has been installed and updated with the new tax table but enterprise wont recognise as R2P (even though the system shows the new tax table) so we cannot open our company file in enterprise as it is saves as R2. Am I missing a step somewhere? Please see attached as reference. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/new/add_details?post_flow=true&topic%5Bsubject%5D=Premier+to+Enterprise+upgrade

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/new/add_details?post_flow=true&topic%5Bsubject%5D=Premier+to+Enterprise+upgrade https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/new/add_details?post_flow=true&topic%5Bsubject%5D=Premier+to+Enterprise+upgrade image

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Meredith - sorry - cannot read the required info on these images - they go all blurry when blown up... but to follow you and what you are doing - you had Premier R2 installed prior to Enterprise and your datafile was already updated to R2 in Premier? 

so then you installed again using an Enterprise IKC (installation key code) using the 2019 R1 installation exe file (the really large file)?  then you will need to open say the sample file - so that you can activate the 2019 software (you cannot open your datafile as its in R2 and will not open in R1)... then, and only then - you can download the 2019 Tax Update exe file - RESTART the computer - DONOT open Reckon... (these 2 steps are very important)...run the Tax Update Exe - choose to update the Enterprise version on your computer - get a success message when it completes and then open Enterprise and open your existing R2 file...  is this what you have tried?
  • Sherrie Blundell
    Sherrie Blundell Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2019
    Hi I had the same error when I went from Enterprise to Premier.  You can not have 2 Reckon Programs on at the same time.  You will have to delete the Premier program.
  • Merridith Robinson
    edited September 2019
    Thank you so much, I was starting to think that may be the problem!! I'll try again next weekend :)
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    I have many versions of Premier and Enterprise on my computer... when you get to the installation part where it suggests a location for the file - you will need to click Change - and then edit the folder name to include the word Enterprise...

• Merridith Robinson
    edited September 2019
    Thanks, I have multiple computers to do, do you think I can change the name on all of them without having to reinstall?
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    no sorry - you will need to reinstall...  usually I dont think it  will install over the top of an existing installation?  but probably explains your problems... do a new install with the Enterprise foldername - will be much cleaner..
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2019
    Hi Linda,

Being able to install to different folders is likely only available on the "Accountant Edition".

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited September 2019
    Hi Meredith,

You may need to consider:

1) Removing / Un-installing all the Reckon Accounts software
    2) Install only the current Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2019 software to a new folder
    3) Install the latest tax table update to 2019 R2

Performing a clean un-install and re-install of Reckon Accounts Business

https://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=331

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • Merridith Robinson
    edited September 2019
    That is true - I could not change the file name :)
  • Merridith Robinson
    edited September 2019
    Thanks everyone, I went with the delete option of removing all premier editions then installing the tax tables again, as I didn't need the old versions and was planning to clean up the files anyway. It worked a treat. Thanks so much for all your help :)
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited September 2019
    Glad to hear the issue has been resolved successfully.