JO-ANNE_7327707
JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
STP Reporting for over holiday time

Comments

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2020
    How do you set STP to be processed for pay run over break. Pays have been set to pay next week
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited December 2019
    nothing to stop you from lodging STP now.   I just treat it as an extension of the payroll processing and do it at as soon as I have done the rest of my work in Hosted
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited December 2019
    but the pays aren't being processed until the 24th
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2019
    Jo-Anne, STP submissions can be sent on the pay date or before.
    Something to note as well, the ATO is performing major system maintenance from 24 December to 2 January and as a result their systems will be switched off.

Our GovConnect service will remain active & available however all submissions will be queued and sent once the ATO resume their operations & switch their service back on. There is a message within GovConnect outlining this as well.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited December 2019
    Kevin, I know that,

our office is closed from today until the 3rd January, we have scheduled pays to be paid on the 24th.  My question was whether STP could be scheduled for the same time.
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited December 2019
    the pays will not be processed until the 24th.
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited December 2019
    Joanne
    I assume that you:
    1;   enter payroll data into Hosted, then
    2:  set up payments in your banking system for either the same day or a later date

You are required to lodge the STP on or before the employees are paid.   This means that it doesn't matter that people won't receive their pay until 24 December (or some other date after you have done the work).

So make the STP lodgement step 1A (and do it now!).       

You can then relax at home on Christmas Eve
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited December 2019
    Bruce,thank you. I was not aware that you could lodge STP before wages were paid, I thought it had to be done at the same time. Thank you. All sorted.
    Just needed a straight forward answer. 
  • Steve Varrasso
    Steve Varrasso Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2020
    What if pays have already been processed for holiday period and STP has not yet?