STP Errors after amending STP after JobKeeper was introduced

paulpage56 .
paulpage56 . Member Posts: 8
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I did a normal pay run on 10 April and uploaded the STP using Cloud Hosted Accounts. All OK. Then we found out about being eligible for JobKeeper and the process for doing it in Accounts.  After I included the allowance line Job Keeper Start FN01, I thought I should amend the April STP so that this line would be included. I did an amendment dated 8 May which successfully updated the full pay run of 10 April.  
Then I did the monthly pay for 10 May but when I did STP the ATO declined the Full File Replacement that I lodged to replace the update done on 8 May. They then declined the full file replacement when I lodged it as the replacement for the update of 8 May.  Both times they say it can't replace the file I've asked to replace / update as they have already been replaced.
I seem to be locked into never being able to finalise this problem. I've now done pay for 10 June and am still having the same problem.
What can I do.  I rang the ATO and they told me I had to sort it out through Reckon.

Paul Page

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2020
    Hi Paul,
    Full File Replacement is used only to replace the last submission that has been successfully sent & processed.
    When you are creating the pay event in Hosted, say the one for 10 June for example, are you creating it as a normal new pay event ie. not selecting the FFR tickbox option?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• paulpage56 .
    edited June 2020
    Do you mean when I create the file to be exported before I log into Governement Connnect. I've been  selecting the FFR tickbox option rather than the Update Option.  I don't remember seeing an option for a normal pay.  I thought FFR was for a normal pay. 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2020
    Hi Paul,
    I think that's where you're coming unstuck. To create normal pay, don't select any of the tickboxes and the file will be created as a normal pay event.

I'll add some links below which has info on what the various pay event types are and when they are to be used -

Pay Event

Update Event

Full File Replacement

Final Pay Event

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• paulpage56 .
    edited June 2020
    OK! Now I get it. I've just successfully uploaded both 10 May and then10 June. I didn't realise that there are actually four file format options ie normal pay where you don't tick any of the boxes, or FFR, update or end of year.  I thought that the three tick boxes represented all the options ie I thought you had to tick one of the boxes. It doesn't say to pick none of the boxes for a normal pay.... 
    With the ones I just did I didn't tick any of the boxes and, when i submitted it in Government Connect, I wasn't asked what file it was replacing.
    I do think that is a weakness of the way the software is written as there is nowhere that it says that anything about a normal pay and how you do it.   The Help button doesn't tell you anything and the video doesn't explain this. 
    As this is the last pay for the financial year should I submit this pay again with the end of year option ticked? If so, I assume that that will pick all staff paid during the year, not just ones paid in June??

Anyway thank you for your help with this. 
    Paul