STP- full file replacement for wrong branch number

Deanne_7769142
Deanne_7769142 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi community, I have been using the wrong branch number for my stp. ATO have told me to change this in my company info (done) and resubmit all my pay runs as a full file replacement. However as I try to do this, the pay run doesn't come up in the drop down box. I pretty much have to resubmit the whole financial year. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2020
    Hi Deanne,
    If you've created a new STP entity with the correct branch number then you'll need to submit a new pay event to it rather than a full file replacement. You're essentially starting fresh under the correct ABN+branch number.
    STP is reported on a YTD basis so your first submission under this new STP entity will update your balances.

As an aside, full file replacement is only to be used when fully replacing the last successfully submitted pay run but it has to be for the same ABN.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Deanne_7769142
    edited July 2020
    Hi Rav, 
    ABN and Entity is the same. I was using the wrong branch number 001 0r 002. Has to be 008. I can't do a full file replacement or update event as the payment dates don't show up in the drop down box. Can I just continue on with the correct branch number or how do I change the previous 9 months worth of payments? I also have a lot of pending payments. When will they show "success?" Thanks. Deanne
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2020
    Hi Deanne,
    Let's rewind just a sec so I can clarify. In GovConnect, you would have had a STP entity for your ABN under branch 001 or 002 (please confirm which) which you would have been submitting your STP to previously.

However in reality you need branch 008, have you created a new STP entity in GovConnect for your ABN+branch 008 yet?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Deanne_7769142
    edited June 2020
    Hi Rav,
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The help desk has fixed everything for me, however I am still waiting for an email on how to make all payments $0 so I can process that and then start again.
    Deanne
  • Kerr Solutions IT
    Kerr Solutions IT Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    Hi Deanne
    I asked this same question nearly a year ago & I'm still waiting for an answer also. You can call the ATO 132866 option 3 then option 2 & apparently they can help with this if you cant figure it out.