Problem Serious - Reckon have lost out .qbw & 3hrs later lost .qbb

Options
Marianne_10821573
Marianne_10821573 Member Posts: 6
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
We are a small business that utilise Reckon Hosted Online 2020 with 7 licenses/users. Today at approx 11am, 2 licenses/users lost access to our Reckon Hosted online 2020 database and couldn't get back in. I called Reckon hosted support straight away being a small business, Reckon then requested for the other 5 licenses/users to log out then we should all be abke to log back. To our horror the business .qbw file was gone hence none of the 7 licenses/users were able to login. Reckon hosted support advised that they do not hold an instance from today even mid-business day or a backups like from last night. I am at a loss we had access one second then Reckon have none?! Reckon are unable to locate the database yet it is hosted by Reckon. How can a business hosting another businesses files mid-day? After the third call to Reckon hosted support, the .qbb file had also 'disappeared' so as a last resort we'd be unable to restore that. I am amazed that they claim in joining Reckon on line they have redundancy when if one 'server' fails another 'server' picks up. Well that is until something happens with Reckon then the claims change they don't and customers have to rely on backups even though it failed mid-day so where is the data. What's even more serious the back on 'live drive' the backups gone to. This is a hail mary! Does anyone know how to get a database back when Reckon hosted has failed during business mid-day and subsequently Reckon are unable to get your data back claiming it's lost?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Sorry but didn’t you download the backup to your pc? It’s not a criticism just something I’ve been through myself and so always download my backup now. Hope they can help you 
  • John Peppas
    John Peppas Accredited Partner Posts: 8 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi

Feel free to contact me on 0418 771 971 where I would be pleased to try and assist
  • Marianne_10821573
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Yes we have the last backup, but don't back up daily as it's online so have lost a couple of days. Isn't that irrelavant when it's online!
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    You would think so but I just don’t take any chances - you can only rely on yourself
  • Marianne_10821573
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Sadly that's true. I am surprised Reckon don't advise customers to backup daily. Thanks
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 442 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Following up on Kris' point, and no comfort to you at the moment, I was always taught to keep my back ups completely separate location to my primary data source.   

I haven't heard of the situation you have described - fingers crossed for a speedy resolution.
  • Sandra Way
    Sandra Way Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I am really sorry for you. I backed up to a USB my 30th June file, but at times have trouble backing up on a regular basis. I am very dispointed with my hosted accounts as well. Especially the STP payroll. I ran tech support and being in India, is not helpful and you ask questions and they cannot help you enough.
    I used Quickboks Premier for over 20 years.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Marianne,
    2 licenses/users lost access to our Reckon Hosted online 2020 database and couldn't get back in
    Can you elaborate a bit further on what these 2 users experienced specifically. Were they working in the company file at the time? Were they disconnected and/or encountered some type of error?
    Are these users setup with the normal multi-user access configuration?

I wanted to check in on the notes from our support team but unfortunately I don't have enough info at the moment to locate your account. Can you confirm if the team have opened an investigation?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Marianne_10821573
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, support team had opened an investigation as found out today support found the database - thankfully.  Yet, were unable to advise what had happened.

To my knowledge configs are fine haven't had an issue connecting (other than the service providers/updates,etc) of the last 8 years.  7 licenses = 7 users - All users working in file (as a business), 5 of the users were still connected without issues - problem exacerbated or maybe just my stress levels! when other 5 users were requested by reckon to logout (hindsight - should done a back-up).

Basically, we are back up and running - no rhyme or reason now just have to spend x-days inputting transaction from Fri (afternoon) to Tue (morning).

Take care.
  • Marianne_10821573
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks John, support have found the database.  Take care