setup a new user in RAH

JO-ANNE_7327707
JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Can someone head me in the right direction for instructions on how to setup a new User in Reckon Accounts Hosted please.

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited August 2020
    Your starting point to add users in the menus is Company/Users.
    I have only loaded new users by using my intuition and have the process to be pretty logical.

I'm not sure where to find formal instructions. 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Jo-Anne,
    Check out the help menu within Hosted itself. It contains instructions on setting up users along with other related info on the topic eg. assigning roles etc. Just put in a keyword or two in the search bar after clicking Help > Reckon Accounts Help

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I've setup a new user, now I am attempting to login to the data file. I amusing the same UN and PW as the other user. Is this correct?
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited August 2020
    I would most definitely NOT be doing it this way.   With you and the other user using the same username and password RAH will view you and the other person as being one and the same.   Therefore if ever you need to do some transaction auditing/forensic accounting you will not be able to identify who actually processed any unusual transactions.   

Give the other person a completely separate user name and password (which they can change in the future).