Printing customer statements

Options
Roger B
Roger B Member Posts: 12

Hi,

I have just tried printing a statement for a customer but an error message comes up. Also tried emailing it to myself but the same error displays. Any idea what could be wrong and how to overcome it. If I can't produce a statement they won't pay!

Thanks,

Roger

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Roger,

What is the specific error message that is appearing on-screen for you? Can you post a screenshot of it here please.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Roger B
    Options

Hi Rav,

See if this can work for you, thanks

Roger

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for that Roger. That's a strange error message.

Can I just confirm where this error message appears in the process? ie. when you click the 'Print' option for the respective statement, does the PDF copy generate in the separate tab as usual and then the error appears after that OR does the error appear immediately after pressing the 'Print' option as pictured below in my screenshot?

Is it happening on any & all statements you are trying to print or just one particular one?

Finally, which browser are you using with Reckon One? Does the same behaviour persist if you attempt on a different browser?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Roger B
    Options

Rav,

I am using Firefox.

After selecting a customer from the statement list, their invoice list appears and the error message comes up after hitting the "Print" button. This is happening with 2 out of 3 customers.

As yet I have not tried another browser.

Roger

• Rav
    Options

Thanks Roger. I'll need to have a chat with our Reckon One product devs in relation to this.

It may not be required, however are you ok with the devs checking your book to attempt to replicate the issue for diagnosis/troubleshooting purposes only?

• Roger B
    Options

Should be OK. Can't understand why the hic-up happened

• Rav
    Options

HI @Roger B

I've been speaking to our Reckon One product manager this morning about your case and we've been doing some testing.

Can you do me a favour and check something out for us please. After you click on 'Customer Statements', you'll be presented a list of your customers that you can click on. Before you do that, can you check the date range that is at the top of the screen, and even if the auto-populated date range is the correct one you want, press the REFRESH button. (screenshot example below).

Once you've done that, click the intended customer and select Print. Let me know if the same error occurs for you.

• Roger B
    Options

Ravi,

I tried both leaving it at the same date and changing the date but came up with the same problem

Roger

• Rav
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thanks for trying Roger. And just to confirm, after you changed the date and/or left it the same did you press the 'Refresh' button?

• Roger B
    Options

Yes, but that was a couple of days ago. I have not accessed the programme since then but will go back and try again just to see if it has self rectified.

• Roger B
    Options

Just tried again but no luck

Roger

• Rav
    Options

Hi Roger, when you have a moment can you please give it another go now. Please ensure that you press the REFRESH button before selecting the customer.

Let me know how you go.

• Roger B
    Options

Congrats to you and the team - looks like I'm going to get paid this month - however I tried printing another statement without changing the date or refreshing and had the same error message. Will just have to remember to refresh the ending date.

Many thanks,

Roger