Share access to accountant

clarajinclarajin Member Posts: 2

Hi,

We are public practice accountant. One of our client starts to use Reckon Accounts Hosted from this month.

He wants to share the file or send invitation to us to review and correct the file the file online, but we don't have a reckon user ID.

So what can we do in this situation? If the client needs to create a new user for us, does he have to buy another license for the new user?

Thank you.

Clara

Comments

• Kris_WilliamsKris_Williams Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

All the client can do is give you his login details, and you can only use it when he isn’t

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,785 Administrator
    edited November 19

I'd recommend checking out this help guide for info on sharing company files in Reckon Accounts Hosted. Its a good place to start in understanding how the sharing process works and what is required etc.

Edit: I've just noticed the video in the help guide is showing up a bit small on the page. We'll get that fixed up but in the interim, I'll link a copy of it below -

• clarajinclarajin Member Posts: 2

Thanks Rav. I just looked through.

The problem is that we don't have a user Id for client to share the company file.

The client only bought a single user license. If the only way to resolve is to tell him to buy a license for us or just use his login, please confirm with us.

Thanks

• ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭

You should have your own ID for hosted. Or you can do the sensible thing and let the client find an accountant who can support him. For goodness sakes, its 600 dollars a year.

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,785 Administrator

@clarajin

A single Hosted licence allows a single user to access Reckon Accounts Hosted at any one time.

Each additional user needs to have their own individual licence to access Hosted concurrently.

• Gerry WinterGerry Winter Accredited Partner Posts: 318 ✭✭

Use it individually at no cost until it doesnt suit you anymore then look at joining the Reckon Family

Gerry 0418907140

[email protected]

• ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭

Gerry how can you use it without paying?