Share access to accountant

clarajin
clarajin Member Posts: 4

Hi,

We are public practice accountant. One of our client starts to use Reckon Accounts Hosted from this month.

He wants to share the file or send invitation to us to review and correct the file the file online, but we don't have a reckon user ID.

So what can we do in this situation? If the client needs to create a new user for us, does he have to buy another license for the new user?

Thank you.

Clara

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

All the client can do is give you his login details, and you can only use it when he isn’t

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2020

I'd recommend checking out this help guide for info on sharing company files in Reckon Accounts Hosted. Its a good place to start in understanding how the sharing process works and what is required etc.

Edit: I've just noticed the video in the help guide is showing up a bit small on the page. We'll get that fixed up but in the interim, I'll link a copy of it below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• clarajin
    clarajin Member Posts: 4

Thanks Rav. I just looked through.

The problem is that we don't have a user Id for client to share the company file.

The client only bought a single user license. If the only way to resolve is to tell him to buy a license for us or just use his login, please confirm with us.

Thanks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@clarajin

A single Hosted licence allows a single user to access Reckon Accounts Hosted at any one time.

Each additional user needs to have their own individual licence to access Hosted concurrently.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Use it individually at no cost until it doesnt suit you anymore then look at joining the Reckon Family

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Linda Indrisie
    Linda Indrisie Member Posts: 31

Zappy, you're a bit rude. Xero and MYOB allows accountants to access their client's data file for free.

• Linda Indrisie

I am a Xero and Myob, Quickbook advisor. It cost me nothing. Even the training is free. So yes, it seems here there is a free lunch. Free access to clients files, too.

I'd happily sign up to the Free Professional partnership. However, it doesn't allow access to hosted. I don't see the value in paying $600 a year.

I was turned off Reckon with their terrible support for their STP software a few years back. This is the nail in the coffin. Hopefully I can convince this client to change from Reckon hosted to something more reliable and easier access.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Or as I said previously just allot a time that suits you, when you won’t need access, and give them your user details

• Linda Indrisie

Easier said than done. Firstly, sharing your log in with anyone isn't safe. The idea that this is an option in today's digital world blows my mind.. Secondly, us public practice accountants are very busy. You arrange a block to do a clients work, however, often you get an urgent email or phone call, and your plans to do arranged clients work goes out the window. Thirdly, very rarely does the client not need their data files during business hours. Often I need to do Reckon hosted work out of hours. Very inconvenient, not something I would be supporting with clients.

• Kris_Williams

For some people it can work though, I speak from experience and the accountant is very amenable. But this file is not one used daily so a different situation.

• Kris_Williams

What is the cost of being a PP Zappy?

• Linda Indrisie

I do not pay $1000 a year to access Xero. I pay nothing!! .. But a PP that has access to hosted is $599 a year. The guy on the phone at Reckon PP line, just told me. It's on their website. The free PP only had access to Reckon one. Not hosted.

If it's wrong, please give me the link to wear to says, as a PP, I can free access to hosted???

• Rav

Being part of the Reckon partner program provides more than just access to Reckon Accounts Hosted so you're not paying simply just for that access.

If you'd like more information on the Reckon Partner Program, you'll find it here - https://www.reckon.com/au/partners/

• Linda Indrisie

I don't need all that stuff. So why would I pay for it? If I'm not going to use it, then I am just paying for access to Reckon hosted.

• Linda Indrisie

Xero also has free online forums and call support. I've spoken to them. It seems the only software you know anything about is Reckon.