Recovering locked period password

Options
Dianita
Dianita Member Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hello Team,

We are using Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2020 and recently we found out that no one remembers the lock period password. This is a problem because we do from time to time need to amend some things in the locked period. Is there a step by step guide on how to recover the password? Does this have to be in a single user mode?

Thanks,

Nita

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    Options

Hi NIta

Maybe check with your Tax or BAS Agent or Bookkeeper if you have one as they may have set it on purpose?

If not then you are able to change that yourself by going to Company and Set Closing Date and then Set Date / Password.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    Options

You will need to be logged in as the Admin user, in order to change that Closing Date password.

• Dianita
    Dianita Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Robyn and Team,

I wrote a message and thought I had posted it but apparently I have not. Yes, we did exactly that over the weekend when the application was not in use and it worked. Apparently it was not as secure as a normal windows computer password reset which I expected it to be. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Nita