Email payslips - backlog of payslips in selection field

Options
Barbara_9752659
Barbara_9752659 Member Posts: 26

We email payslips weekly, and when it is sent it usually removes these from the selection field.

I seem to be getting a backlog of emails (which have been sent) and still appear on the selection screen.

I can untick them, but then when we go to the next screen they all appear again, which means unticking all and selecting this payroll runs payslips

they just seem to be stuck in the queue.

How do I clear these without sending them again (as it will confuse employees) and it doesnt appear to clear the issue either with a test one I sent.

Any ideas to resolve this please?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    Options

Barbara. Are you selecting the date range for the current pay run? The date range usually determines what is going to appear in the screen, as far as my experiences are concerned.

John L G

• Barbara_9752659
    Options

The first screen, you can select the date range, however when it goes to the second screen it has a whole lot of backlogged ones... which have all previously been sent... and there is not date filter on this second screen

• John Graetz
    edited January 2021
    Options

Ok. I think I might have seen this myself at some time. My only suggestion at the moment would be for you to re-build your Reckon file three times and see if this fixes the problem (File> Utilities> Re-build Data).

John L G

• John Graetz
    Options

Hi Barbara. I now believe that there is a bug within Reckon Hosted as the same problem has now occurred for me for the pay that I just processed. I had to untick the ones from the previous pay. Then I remembered that instead of unticking them, I should select remove and I think that this will at least get rid of that previous pay the next time around, but I cannot guarantee that.

Now I will need to wait for another fortnight to see whether or not this Reckon error continues to occur.

John L G

• John Graetz
    Options

Hi Barbara. I can now confirm that there is an apparent bug in Reckon Hosted, as the problem has again occurred for me this morning. There are two workarounds to cater for this until somebody from Reckon fixes the problem.

1. This is to me the best one. When arriving at the second screen which is the Select Forms to Send screen, individually select each of the old ones and select Remove and then confirm that you want to remove the pay slip. You will need to go through this laborious process for each old pay slip, but at least you should not have to do this again for the next pay run - that is my experience. OR
    2. When arriving at the second screen Select Forms to Send click on Select None. Then you will need to go through and select each new pay slip individually. This is a quicker process, but it does not remove the old ones and they will still be there next time unless you go through the process that I have suggested in step 1 above.

Hope that this helps you until Reckon fixes the problem.

John L G

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,412 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi guys,

Just going to add a 3rd option to @John Graetz's two above in removing emails in bulk from the Send Forms screen below.

I'll also raise this with our Hosted team later this morning to get some more info on it as well.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    Options

Thanks Rav. John L G

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,302 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I did payroll this morning and I send my payslips from the print box in the payroll centre, don’t use the Send Forms window and everything worked fine

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,412 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @John Graetz & @Barbara

I've just had a word with our Hosted manager about this and we've tried to do some testing to replicate.

These are the steps we went through -

• Create Pay for 05/02
    • Click Email Pay Slips
    • On 'Select Pay Slips to Email window enter date 01/02 - 07/02, Click OK
    • On Send Forms Window click Send Now
    • Create Pay for 12/02, click Email Payslips
    • On 'Select Pay Slips to Email window enter date 08/02 - 14/02, Click OK
    • Only the Payslip for 12th appears in the Send Forms window

Are you going through the same steps above? I know it might be a pain but it would be great if you could break down your steps & clicks just so we can see if there are any differences and hopefully isolate where things might be going wrong.

Separately, are you able to recreate this behaviour in a dummy file with say one employee in it?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    Options

Hi Rav. That is the same sequence of steps that I have been using for a very long time. The issue is that when we get to the Send Forms window, the previous pays are still showing. In my case, I have been using the delete previous pay slip method to get rid of the previous pays so that they do not show up in future. I went through this same process on three different browsers this morning but it made no difference, the ones for the previous pay were still there, even though I had selected the correct range on the previous page for today's pay run.

As another test, I just ran a "special" pay for Monday 8/2/2021. In the first window I selected the date for 8/2/2021 which brought up one pay slip. Then I moved to the Send Forms window and once again it showed the pay slips for today as well as that for the one on Monday. I have used both methods to get to sending pay slips - the first from the window which comes up when a pay run has been completed and the second by going to File> Select forms to email. The result is the same both ways.

I note that this problem has only seemed to crop up in recent weeks and I do not believe that I had been aware of it until Barbara had raised it which then happened to coincide with my next pay run. As mentioned in my early post, I have seen this problem in the past.

I will now follow my own suggestion above and do a re-build three times to see if that fixes things.

John L G

• John Graetz
    Options

Well there you go, Rav. It pays to follow one's own advice!

The first thing that I noticed when processing a weekly pay for another entity, was the the problem was not replicated. So back to the company with the problem.

I decided to follow my advice and run re-build three times. After the first time, I did another check and found that the problem still existed. I did a second re-build and discovered that the problem had been fixed. For the sake of the recommended three re-builds process, I did that one as well and the problem no longer exists.

I guess that if Barbara followed my earlier suggestion and did three re-builds, she probably no longer has the problem anymore either.

It just goes to show that this old recommendation from years ago, still works to fix difficult problems - perhaps not all of them, but potentially many of them.

John L G

• Barbara_9752659
    Options

Thanks for looking at this, and sorry John for not responding re the rebuild. The next problem I found was I had duplicate items and I couldnt locate the log file... I guess thats another issue.

However I did follow Raj's recommendation, to untick the enter between moves. And that worked.

Thanks guys for your help

Barb