Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch

Options
jobarram
jobarram Member Posts: 8

Hi, I can't register for GovConnect to get my software ID to set up my STP as I keep getting this message

Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch

Can you please assist asap as this is an ongoing saga and I have limited time to get this sorted.

ABN is 45092259199

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @jobarram

I've had a look at that ABN and I can see that it was already registered to the GovConnect service back in 2018.

The account that its under is the same email address that your Community account is under. Is that what you're using to login to GovConnect?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• jobarram
    Options

Yes that's correct. I just can't find the software ID anywhere?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

After you login to the Reckon Portal using that email address, you should see your existing STP entity in GovConnect so you don't have to create a new one.

Can you confirm that you can see the existing STP entity that has been created for ABN 45092259199?

If you can, then the below should help you track down the Software ID for it -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• jobarram
    Options

yes I've gone through these notes and it definitely isn't there.

• Rav
    Options

Can you take a screenshot and post it here to show what you're seeing on-screen so I have a better idea of what's happening for you.

• jobarram
    Options

This one is from the portal.

• Rav
    Options

Hmmm ok. Sorry to ask the basic again but are you 100% sure you've logged in using the right email address? ie. the same one that your Reckon Community account is under.

Make sure you aren't signing in using a user name but the email address itself.

• jobarram
    Options

I can't seem to log into the portal account using an email address, just user name.

• jobarram
    Options

However the email address in that account matched all of the others. Can you senbd me a link of a page I can log into the portal with my email address and password?

• Rav
    Options

Sorry what I mean is, when you are on the login screen (screenshot below), enter the email address in full in the first field (titled username) and then the password to the account and hit 'Sign in with Reckon'.

The link to the page is https://portal.reckon.com/

• jobarram
    Options

Okay I've done that and now I have this screen

When I go into GovConnect I'm now not getting a MFA code through to my phone.

• Rav
    Options

Ok a little closer now which is good. Next up, lets tackle this bit.

So, when I take a look at your ABN/account, I can see that it was first created and registered back in September 2018 so whatever phone number/authenticator that the code has been sent to would have been set back then. Can you recall what this may have been?

Alternatively, we can just remove the existing phone number so that you can set up a new one now.

In order to do so I'll need the following details on a signed business letterhead

• ABN
    • Email address your app account is registered under
    • Full legal name of the entity
    • Existing phone number associated with MFA
    • Your full name and contact details
    • Signature of the owner/authority of the ABN

Send that through to me at community@reckon.com, ATTN: Rav and include the link to this discussion. Let me know when you've done that and I'll action this for you.

• jobarram
    Options

Okay the phone number is exactly the same and when I am in the Advantage Civil portal page, the MFA works. I've had the same phone number for 15 years.

I'm not sure what account Joanne Barram Company admin user is on the portal log in with my email address? When I was logged into the Advantage Civil portal page earlier today, the MFA worked, so I'm reluctant to change the phone number and I have no other number to change it to? Does that make sense?

• Rav
    Options

I can't tell which phone number/authenticator has been assigned to the account on my end unfortunately, I can only see that one has been setup which would have been back in 2018.

Don't be too worried about the removal of the MFA for this account, it will only apply to this one individual account and won't have any impact on others.