EOFY figures not correct

Options
leayates
leayates Member Posts: 29
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have just tried to do my EOFY and I saw that one submission from March still said processing. I went in and resubmitted the payrun and tock the record as adjustment box. Now my EOFY figues for that employee are over the exact amount I did. How do I do an adjustment? I have read your information and it says to use - figures to adjust the amount down but the app doesn't allow me to access the - key. Just numbers. Please help.

Leanne

Comments

• leayates
    edited July 2021
    Options

@OzJo @OzJo @Rav can someone please help with the above? I am once again 2 weeksa behind wages trying to do EOFY sign off. One of my entries weas saying orocessing so I put in an adjustment and now total figures have counted it twice. How do I correct this given you cannot use the minus button?

• Katiejean
    Katiejean Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am having the same problem… my Gross Wages in the Payment Summary is more than the pay events I entered and I can’t see how to adjust this…

• OzJo
    OzJo Member Posts: 18
    Options

I never submitted my EOFY STP as it was wrong as well and I wasn't signing something that was incorrect as it says "I understand this a true and correct"

• OzJo
    Options

I never finalised my EOYF STP as it was incorrect and so I haven't done it - I could get a fine but I can't fix it so it just has to be that way. I think there will be a lot of us that haven't done it or it's incorrect so the ATO will just have to go off the BAS like they used to. Stupid idea with apps that don't work correctly - just as well we didn't have to pay for it.

• leayates
    Options

@OzJo sorry. I thought you were support staff as you helped me out another time! That's why I tagged you. Sorry to hear you are having trouble too. I can't beleive they changed this app just beore EOFY. Really a lot of pressure on all of us for no reason. I will wait to hear for @Rav

• leayates
    Options

When yo look for instructions on how to do a new adjstment this is all that is provided. "Edit the relevant payrun and make the necessary corrections' is hardly guided step by step help. @Rav could soeone please help.

• Selina_10231251
    Selina_10231251 Member Posts: 26
    Options

I have the same problem, I followed the instructions to edit the figures in initial YTD. But when I went back to the employees pay summary, the figures are still wrong, haven’t changed to the correct figures. I go to check EOFY figures they are wrong too. Doesn’t look like the instructions work. I haven’t submitted my EOFY, because it is not correct. Can I use STP to submit my EOFY 20/21 rather using Reckon Payroll App?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

How specifically did you try to amend the 2020/21 balances in the Payroll App? Via the Initial Year to Date tab in the employee profile? How were you going about it? ie. were you entering what balances you wanted the TOTAL to be in the Initial Year to Date tab or something else?

Keep in mind, the balances you see in the Pay Summary screen are a combination of the 'Initial YTD' tab + any pay run balances for the employee. This is in contrast to the Initial YTD screen which will only show any starting balance for an employee prior to any pay runs being created.

There is a payroll summary report which shows only amounts from pay runs created. If you use the balances from there + the initial YTD balances then this is what will appear in the Pay Summary section in the employee profile.

Example -

An employee has 3 submissions which total

• Total Gross = $20,000.00
    • Total Tax = $5,000.00
    • Total Super = $1,000.00

The initial Year to Date balance entered for the employee is

• Initial YTD Earnings - $30,000.00
    • Initial YTD Tax - $10,000.00
    • Initial YTD Super $5,000.00

So when we combine these with the initial YTD amounts we get the following. This is the balance that will appear in the Pay Summary section.

$30000.00 + $20000.00 = $50,000.00

$10000.00 + $5000.00 = $15,000.00

$5000.00 + $1000.00 = $6,000.00

If the desired result is for this employee's earnings balance is to be $30,000.00 then you would need to enter the difference in the 'INITIAL YTD' screen ie. $30,000.00 - $20,000.00 = $10,000.00

Hopefully that makes sense and provides some direction on what you need to do. 

As a side note: The instructions you've pasted above that are shown in the app are accurate but they relate to pay runs that you create from within the Payroll App itself, this is separate to STP data in the STP tab which is where submissions migrated from the STP app are under. If you follow the process outlined in that screenshot for payruns CREATED IN THE PAYROLL APP ie. payruns that are shown under the Pay Runs tab in the Pay Run screen then that is what you need to do.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

Perhaps a better spot to work out instructions for editing a payrun can be had at the bottom of page on this link with heading "Edit a Payrun" also can follow through with some of the FAQs.

https://help.reckon.com/article/dxemdx8slf-payroll-app-end-of-financial-year-report

• leayates
    Options

@Rav Honestly, I know you are trying to help but thus is even more confusing. The instructions ask you to use a minus symbol which I cannot use. Can you please post the exact method to make an adjustment to a payrun that was still saying processing. I knew this had to be fixed before the EOFY so I entered the payrun again using the back dtaed pay date. but it has now added both to EOFY totals. Please let me know step by step how I can fix this. This payrun was in the STP area. not in the pay run area. Although the new one I did does not show inthe payrun area either. Its extremely confusing.

I was never saying the instructions were not accurate, I was saying they lack so much detail that it is hard for a new user to understand them

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Rav

Exactly what I needed! Explanation and example makes perfect sense and worked as you described. EoFY sent successfully! 😊😊😊

• melissaf
    melissaf Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi can anyone recommend a reckon experienced user that I can pay for the time and have some assistance in some issues I have . I don’t have time to go through all these things and just need some help.

!!! thanks

• Selina_10231251
    Selina_10231251 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Thanks @Rav

Thank you for your explanation and example, the problem has fixed and submitted EOFY

• TLee
    TLee Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Options

@leayates I have the exact scenario. For some reason in March a pay run disappeared from my list so I did it again a week later. Subsequent to that, the original appeared again so I tried editing the second entry to remove it but now both are being included in my EOFY summaries. I can’t find any way in which to fix this. Spent so much time checking and checking figures again. So frustrating and @Rav you haven’t really explained how to fix this. It’s got nothing to do with INitial YTD. Please help.

• leayates
    Options

yes @TLee Ihave also spent hours on this and the figures just don't add up. So many people in the community ar ehaving trouble and have decided not to even do their EOFY close and just let the ATO find out. Will be interesting as this app was recommended to small buinesses so they didn't have to pay for the new payroll processes.

• TLee
    Options

@leayates I might give the ATO a call tmro and find out if I have other options on submitting these end of year payment summary’s …like the good old fashioned manual way would even be easier! I don’t want my staff to be delayed in being able to do their tax returns if this is holding them up. What’s your thoughts?

• leayates
    edited July 2021
    Options

@TLee I like your thinking. I don't want to do payruns until this id sorted so I'm 2 weeks behind as it is!

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

@leayates @TLee I'd recommend that you review the info in my post above again and in particular the example as I've broken down how and where the balances you are viewing come from AND how to correct/amend them.

I can't add a great deal more to what I've outlined above at this stage except that the key thing you need to keep in mind is, you need to enter the DIFFERENCE in the 'Initial YTD' tab. See the example again for specifics on what I'm referring to.

@Eric Murphy @Selina thanks for confirming that you've been able to get it fixed up and sorted.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• TLee
    Options

@Rav Ok I’ll spend more time today looking for where I can do the above. Its not straight forward looking for these tabs and options to edit you talk about. Maybe it’s something the designers can consider. Another question I have please is that I still have one pay run in March showing it’s still ‘processing’, does this need to be rectified and if so, how do I go about this? Thanks

• leayates
    Options

@Rav

I cannot find the iitial YTD tab you are referring to.

• TLee
    Options

@leayates i spent hours on this today and did the best I could just to manipulate the figures correctly onto the EOFY report to submit to ATO. I’ll try a step by step description of what I did. (Ofcourse this could be totally wrong but it got me a correct figure report to send in!).

1. open the App and along the bottom click on EMPLOYEES. Click on the employee you need to edit.
    2. click on top tab PAY SUMMARY.
    3. click on the financial year yr working on (eg 2020-2021).
    4. on top right corner click on the … (3 dots) and choose EDIT on the drop down.
    5. top left click on the correct financial year again.
    6. edit each item as necessary and press SAVE once finished for that employee.
    7. when you look at the summary of the employee in this area it may be different to how it shows in the EOFY summary, So to check the EOFY figure for that employee is now correct continue on to next step.
    8. along the bottom tab options click on PAYRUNS.
    9. click on the top row tab EOFY.
    10. click on the + sign in top right corner and choose End of Financial Year Option.
    11. go through the list and check that each employee has the correct EOFY details.
    12. NOTE - if the amount is still not correct, work out the difference and with that difference figure get yourself back to step 6 above and subtract the difference from the figure you had in there. Save and go check again in the EOFY area, it should have fixed it. Hope this helps you, but mostly hope I’ve done the right thing! 😊
  • TLee
    Options

Sorry step 11. Should also say to click on the relevant financial year again…

• leayates
    Options

@TLee Thank you. What a shame that you had to do the step by step guide for me! I apprecite you sharing your learnings with me.

• TLee
    Options

You’re welcome. I hope you can make sense of it and it works for you.

• TLee
    Options

the process of EOFY finalisation would be so much easier if we could just use dates. Eg All payruns within these dates- 01/07/2020 - 30/06/2021….and not YTD figures. So confusing!

• leayates
    edited July 2021
    Options

@TLee I tried the above and it worked so thank you. I think it is a disgrace that you had to guide me through this rather than the support staff.Honestly. if I call the ATO on Monday and they do not have a better solution then I will be making a huge complaint on behalf of other small business owners.

• TLee
    Options

@leayates Yr welcome. Today my EOFY report is showing SUCCESS on the App so all good so far. I’d be interested to know any feedback from ATO if you get it. Cheers.

• leayates
    Options

@TLee I just read that ATO don't take any responsibility for each individal app so on the ATO website they have a list of those to try. https://softwaredevelopers.ato.gov.au/no-cost-and-low-cost-solutions-single-touch-payroll

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry but this is a laughable comment. Get your head out of the clouds.

You're using a free product that Reckon have no obligation to provide you and this is a community site where people help each other.

I for one am very grateful that they've even bothered to do it and have received great help from this website previously including here, just as you have. Just because U finally managed to solve this simple thing from advice from someone other than reckon is no 'disgrace' and reeks of arrogance.

• leayates
    Options

@Eric Murphy I'm not alone. Many people in he community have incorrect EOFY figures so please don't be arrogant yourself by saying this is a simple task. Free or not, Reckon should back their product and its accuracy. They advertised their free app on the ATO website, this is their choice and I am sure they get perks from it. I'm sure the ATO would appreciate accurate results.

• TLee
    Options

@Eric Murphy Hi Eric, I can’t speak for the other member but in my situation, I was in all honesty planning to purchase the full Reckon payroll package for this current financial year. I used and tested the complimentary version all year with little issue, until this EOFY confusion. The product has shown to be far from user friendly when dealing with an important aspect of record keeping and reporting to the ATO at the end of financial year. Unfortunately the support staff were also not able to clearly guide me (and many other users) in fixing the incorrect figures that were generated. It took me approx 12+ hours in total to get correct figures to submit to ATO which I had to work out myself. 12 expensive hours that pulled me away from my small business. All this doesn’t give much confidence in pursuing the purchase of the full payroll app!

• OzJo
    Options

Hi All

@leayates - Following your instructions which are great and much appreciated. Could you please confirm if you completed this in your new migrated STP or in the old version as I can't manage step 5 which I am trying to complete in the old version. Has anyone managed to complete the EOFY in the old version please?

• leayates
    Options

@OzJo Glad the discussion is helpful. Those instructions were from TLee which were really helpful. They are for the new version. Not so sure about the old version now but last year it was pretty easy. Hopefully smeone else is still using old version and can help you.

• leayates
    Options

@TLee Do yourself a favour a check out payroller. chalk and cheese with support

• OzJo
    Options

@TLee - already signed up -

• TLee
    Options

@leayates Thanks for the heads up….I shall investigate for sure!