Something went wrong - Payroll App

Options
System
System Member Posts: 233 Moderator Moderator
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀
This discussion was created from comments split from: Reckon Govconnect opening it but get "Something went wrong..

Comments

• bri
    bri Member Posts: 5
    Options

I can’t get past this page when trying to transfer over from STP to Payroll. 🤷‍♀️

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,391 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @bri

Can you let me know the ABN that you're trying to migrate over from the STP app to the Payroll App please.

I'll do a few checks on my end to see what's happening there.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• bri
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thankyou.

ABN 31 717 415 960

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,391 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2021
    Options

Thanks @bri

Ok, I've found the reason the app is going a bit sideways with your migration at the moment.

You have a Reckon One book under the same email address as your Payroll App account which on its own is absolutely fine. But the trouble is that the Reckon One book has the exact same name as the account you've created on the Payroll App as well which it doesn't like.

If you rename your Reckon One book slightly and then close the Payroll App in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps and then reopen it and migrate it will go through normally.

To rename your Reckon One book, just login here https://portal.reckon.com/

I've made a quick screen recording below which outlines how to update a Reckon One book name -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• bri
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thankyou for your suggestion.

I have completed this task, I also ended up cancelling my subscription to reckon one but I still cannot get past the “something went wrong” page.

any other suggestions?

• Rav
    Options

Hi @bri

Ok, there was one other thing that needed to be done which I've gone ahead and sorted now.

Can you please close down the app in full ie. swipe it away from any other running apps on your phone then reopen it and try the migration again.

Note: You may encounter that 'Something went wrong' message one more time after the migration goes through and if you do, logout of the app (use the logout option), close it again and reopen.

Should be fine after that but either way, let me know.

• bri
    Options

That worked, THANKYOU!!