How do I edit/correct employee balances in the Payroll App?

Options
Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,415 Community Manager Community Manager
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have just migrated from the STP app to the Payroll App and need to send my EOFY finalisation but my employee balances are incorrect, what do I do?

If you have successfully migrated to the Payroll App and are preparing to send your 2020/21 EOFY finalisation but have realised your employee balances are incorrect then you'll need to amend them first. Its important to understand what the Pay Summary balances are made up of in order to correct them so I've put together some common scenarios below.

I have migrated from the STP app and am ready to send my EOFY finalisation but my balances are wrong. I have NOT created any payruns for 2020/21 in the Payroll App itself and don't need to either. How do I correct my balances?

If you have just migrated from the STP app and haven't created any pay runs in the Payroll App itself, and don't need to either, then the totals on the employee's pay summary section will match the figures that are displayed on their Initial YTD tab.

All you need to do is update the balances in the 'Initial YTD' tab in the employee profile in the Payroll App to what you'd like them to be. This updated balance will then be sent through with your End of Financial Year finalisation.

Example: Employee John Smith has total balance of $1000.00 earnings, $200.00 tax and $50.00 super migrated from my 2020/21 submissions in the STP app. I can see this in the Initial Year to Date tab in the Payroll App but I know these are wrong, it should be $900.00 earnings, $150.00 tax and $25.00 super in reality, what do I do?

Super simple! Just edit the Initial YTD tab in the employee's profile with the correct balances that you need them to be. So in this example, just enter $900.00 earnings, $150.00 tax and $25.00 super in each respective field in the Initial YTD tab in employee John Smith's profile in the Payroll App.

I have migrated from the STP app and have created payruns for 2020/21 in the Payroll App as well. The Pay Summary balances for my employees are wrong and I need to correct them to send my EOFY finalisation. What do I do?

The Pay Summary section shows a combined total of the balances in the 'Initial YTD' tab in the employee profile + any pay runs created in the Payroll App itself for the employee.

Pay runs that are created in the Payroll App itself are shown in the Pay Runs tab.

Example: I have created 3 pay runs in the Payroll App for employee John Smith that total;

• $20,000.00 earnings, $5,000.00 tax and $1,000.00 super

The balances showing in the 'Initial YTD' tab for John Smith is;

• Initial YTD Earnings $30,000.00, Initial YTD Tax $10,000.00, Initial YTD Super $5,000.00

What you see in the Pay Summary section is the combined total of the pay runs sent from the Payroll App + the Initial YTD balance. So in this example -

• Earnings: $30,000.00 (Initial YTD) + $20000.00 (pay runs) = $50,000.00
  • Tax: $10,000.00 + $5,000.00 = $15,000.00
  • Super: $5,000.00 + $1,000.00 = $6,000.00

Now if the desired result is for John's earnings balance to be $30,000.00 only then you would need to enter the difference of this in the 'Initial YTD' tab ie. $30,000.00 - $20,000.00 = $10,000.00.

If the desired result is for John's tax balance to be $10,000.00 only then you would need to enter the difference of this in the 'Initial YTD' tab ie. $10,000.00 - $5,000.00 = $5000.00 and so on.

My 2020/21 EOFY has been successful. I've created a pay run for 2021/22 in the Payroll App but need to correct it. What do I do?

If you've created a pay run in the Payroll App which has incorrect balances then you can adjust that specific pay run itself. To do so, check out the instructions here -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.