Are you an STP app user? Check out our IMPORTANT announcement CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Installing trial version demands I delete old version first

alixalix Member Posts: 5

I am trying to install Reckon Personal trial and it asks me to delete my Quicken 2013. I do not want to do that as I cannot reinstall it (cant find CD). Why can it not work with two versions installed at the same time?

Thanks

Comments

• GerryWinterGerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

it never has so you have to make that decision to eventually upgrade to the latest version. Call me as i can do a better price for the first year.

Gerry 0418907140

[email protected]

• alixalix Member Posts: 5

I am not gong to delete my old version without first testing the new one. I have quite a few tests to carry out to ensure it does what i need.

As far i know the newer version does everythingthat the older one did, what are some of the test you talkabout.

Gerry 0418907140

[email protected]

main one is will it correctly import my q2013 data. will my reports be ok. does dde still work. and others

yes it will, what does dde mean?

Gerry 0418907140

[email protected]

DDE is Dynamic Data Exchange, it has been a part of windows since 3.1. It allows inter process communication between programs. It is mainly used by Excel to extract data from non-standard sources eg quicken. I use it extract and manipulate quicken data for reports that cannot be done by quicken.

I dislike the notion of reckon assuming that everything is rosy and will all work. I have been bitten by quicken upgrades before that caused a lot of angst and work. I want to see it all work to my satisfaction before I commit to it. I don't think that is at all unreasonable.

I have just had a look at mine and all reports can Export data to 'Excel Compatable Format' if that is what you are concerned about.

Gerry 0418907140

[email protected]

No. I extract data from the quicken database and produce reports that quicken will not do, or is incapable of doing. I do use the export to excel option for some other, standard things.