Problems merging from old STP App to New Reckon Payroll App

muscatauto
muscatauto Member Posts: 7
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

HI,

When I have sighned in with the old STP app I would use Muscatauto in the email box and then my password and I would have no problem logging in,but when I try using Muscatauto and then my password with the new Reckon Payroll app it will not allow me in saying it needs the whole email address.( muscatauto@gmail.com)

Your help would be appreciated so I can merge and continue using the new app.

Gerald

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Gerald,

I've just taken a look at this. Because you're using an 'older style' account with a username rather than an email address it won't migrate over to the Payroll App in its current form.

What we can look at doing is updating your existing account to replace the user name with an email address. Before we go down that path though, can I just confirm if you use this same 'Muscatauto' account for any other services eg. GovConnect, Reckon Accounts Hosted etc?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• muscatauto

Hi Rav,

Thanks for the reply,

yes that would be a good idea to update my existing account to muscatauto@gmail.com first and hopefullt that will fix my problem.

No I don`t use it for anything else.

Thanks

Gerald

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for that Gerald.

I've gone ahead and completed that for you now. Your STP app account is now also under this email address for its login from here on.

Ok can you please try the migration to the Payroll App again but signing in with the email address and existing password for your your STP app account and let me know if its successful for you 🤞

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• muscatauto

Hi Rav,

No luck I`m Locked out of the old STP account now, (Incorrect Email or Password)

Gerald

• Rav

Hi Gerald,

Can you do me a favour and just reset the password to the account by following these steps -

• Head over to our Portal page here - https://portal.reckon.com/
    • Click on 'Help I forgot my sign in details'
    • Enter the email address
    • An email will be sent to you which will allow you to complete the password reset

Once that is complete sign in to the STP app and confirm you're able to access the account.

If successful, go ahead and sign in to the Payroll App as well with the email address and new password.

Either way though, let me know how you get on.

• muscatauto

Hi Rav,

It won`t allow me to get an email sent because I have used Goolge to sign in,

I then sighned in with my google account and it took me to the Reckon home page where I tried to change my password with the old password first and then the new password but it comes up with "wrong password", it won`t let me change it.

Gerald😕

• Rav

Hmmm ok. Are you alright with me switching your login method 'type' from the Google SSO method to just a 'normal' type? This just means that you won't be using Google SSO to sign in but instead the same email address and a password that you set ie. unrelated to your Google account.

• muscatauto

Yes please, go right ahead !

• Rav

Alright thanks. That is done now and you should recieve an email to your inbox shortly asking you to reset your password. Just follow the prompts again to do so and let me know how you go.

• muscatauto

ok, I have changed my password and now am able to sign in to home page,do I try my mobile app now ?

• Rav

First try and login to the STP app. Can you access your account as normal and see your usual data etc?

If yes, then go ahead and sign in to the Payroll App using the same login credentials and kick off the migration.

• muscatauto

Well done Rav !

Your worth more money 👍️

Thanks Gerald

• Rav

Nice! Glad that worked out 👍️ Thanks heaps for your patience while we worked through that 🙂